>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

I KNOW this sounds stupid but any tips and making contested lay ups and contested shots under the basket... For some reason I stay missing those! I play against my boy and he makes lay ups over 3 people like nothing!

I get offensive rebounds and can't even go back up and score cause I know it's going to be a miss!

And tips?

Not stupid by any means. Apparently it's all about timing down low. If you don't contest at the the same time they shoot, more than likely it's going in. If you just stand there they sometimes will miss, or shoot right through you. Timing is key, so just wait for the opening to go up.

Learn how to use hop step layups, euro steps, floaters and pump fakes when attacking the rim. Basically anything that'll get them out of their rhythm. If you just barrel into the lane and point the shot stick right at the defender when he expects you to, you'll get blocked or miss.

It should be a crime to have a mode as addicting as myteam...

Within two days I'm in the 4th seed and my starting lineup is AI, MJ, Frobe, Pippen and Shaq :x

It should be a crime to have a mode as addicting as myteam...

Within two days I'm in the 4th seed and my starting lineup is AI, MJ, Frobe, Pippen and Shaq :x

Im sayin,

Just started it last week and can't stop playing, Team still needs work, I have got lots of guards but never get a Centre in a pack,
My team at the moment is Rose, Wall, Melo, Lee, Olynyk :lol:
I want Boogie in a pack

Last edited:
how the hell do you do a put back dunk? example blake jumps high like he's about to get KRAZZZZE and just does nothing. How do i complete a put back dunk ???

Yup instead of hitting Y or Triangle to get a board I always go with x hell either lay it up or dunk it wit a out back

2k servers been down for me all week long ...anyone else or just me?

Edit: NVM user error wasn't signed in.

Last edited:
Solid article on how to effectively use Points of Emphasis

In absence of individual player assignments, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NBA 2K14 have given gamers three “Points of Emphasis” to help control their AI teammates' on-court behavior. During a game, players can apply one offensive emphasis, one defensive emphasis and one bonus “flex” emphasis.

To select your emphases before tip-off, press the triangle button on the pregame loading screen; During gameplay, hit right on the d-pad to change your emphases on the fly; In a timeout, highlight the "Point of Emphasis" icon and press the X button to adjust your strategies. If your emphases aren't saving, or if they seem to be changing without your consent, simply pause the game, go to the "Options" screen, cycle over to "Coach Settings," then make sure that "Points of Emphasis" is set to "Manual," not "Auto."

While there are no written explanations in NBA 2K14's menus or in its PDF manual about what exactly these emphases do, here are Operation Sports' educated guesses, based upon dozens of gameplay hours:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1805/nba-2k14-points-of-emphasis-guide/

i want multiplayer franchises back eff that mygm garbage i want to build teams and compete against my bro

any ideas on how i can get 2k's attention i've been hitting ronnie2k up on instagram

i want multiplayer franchises back eff that mygm garbage i want to build teams and compete against my bro

any ideas on how i can get 2k's attention i've been hitting ronnie2k up on instagram

Well they have online leagues but it's trash

Anybody play in the PARKS mode and is actually good...looking for some crews to run with i have another good player with me if needed. Really looking for a big man tho. but will play with any good layers as well

Has anyone had any problems trying to download rosters? I'm trying to start my GM mode with the latest rosters and it seems to stall when I select a roster to download. Also is there a way to download sliders or do I have to manually adjust them to my liking? 
sick.gif

I'm playing on a PS4, if that info helps.

Man wtf. My player is a 91 but whenever I sim key games during my career mode my dude can never score over 20 points. Messing up my stats

Soo I'm playing a MyCareer game and we seemed to have traded Kobe for Jason Terry straight up. :smh:

Soo I'm playing a MyCareer game and we seemed to have traded Kobe for Jason Terry straight up. :smh:

Maybe they figure that you're the go to guy now and you and Kobe can no longer share the ball ...embrace the trade and dominate.

2 Questions:

How do you download the new patches? I just got NBA for my XBOX ONE

Are servers down? I can't play online matches - "2k server is unavailable and try again later"

Thanks!

2 Questions:

How do you download the new patches? I just got NBA for my XBOX ONE

Are servers down? I can't play online matches - "2k server is unavailable and try again later"

Thanks!
Yup. Second day on this and ran into downed servers, of course it wouldnt be 2k without crappy servers.

Back
Top Bottom