Official NBA 2k15 Thread

Lol.. Melo did play PF for a good amount of the season..

But besides that TD should never be rated that high at this point in his career but we'll see how the game plays out..

And we all know Westbrook is not a traditional PG...his game is more comparable to a lot of SG ranked high on that list.. 

1. That has nothing to do with the overall rating formula. He is a SF and will be ranked as a SF and he should only be compared to SF

2. See my point above. Intelligence and defensive ratings are HIGH on the list for big men. Excellent post offensive. Excellent post defense. The only thing Duncan "suffers" from at this stage in the game is USAGE. Lack of touches. His skills have barely diminished. Athletically, sure, but he was never a stud athlete from the jump.

3. See what I said for #1. WB is a PG and will be rated as a PG. It is a different formula that SG's are calculated on. So you can't compare.

Remember, if I take 5 players, and give them the same exact ratings, and put them at each position, they will produce 5 different overall ratings. That alone should tell you, not to compare across positions.

Lol.. Melo did play PF for a good amount of the season..

But besides that TD should never be rated that high at this point in his career but we'll see how the game plays out..

And we all know Westbrook is not a traditional PG...his game is more comparable to a lot of SG ranked high on that list.. 
1. That has nothing to do with the overall rating formula. He is a SF and will be ranked as a SF and he should only be compared to SF

2. See my point above. Intelligence and defensive ratings are HIGH on the list for big men. Excellent post offensive. Excellent post defense. The only thing Duncan "suffers" from at this stage in the game is USAGE. Lack of touches. His skills have barely diminished. Athletically, sure, but he was never a stud athlete from the jump.

3. See what I said for #1. WB is a PG and will be rated as a PG. It is a different formula that SG's are calculated on. So you can't compare.

Remember, if I take 5 players, and give them the same exact ratings, and put them at each position, they will produce 5 different overall ratings. That alone should tell you, not to compare across positions.
Thanks for the enlightenment. 

Tim Duncan should not be the highest rated PF, I don't care what yall say. Just based off of last year: Duncan isn't the best at his position, he isn't the best player on his team, and he didn't make the All-Star team last year. Yet, somehow, he's the FOURTH highest rated player in the game. You cannot tell me in 2014-2015 Tim Duncan is better than Kevin Love (26 ppg, 45%, 37% from 3, 82% FT, 12.5 Rebs, 4.4 assists AND 3rd highest PER in the league behind KD and LeBron.) or LaMarcus Aldridge either for that matter.

Only reason he was boosted is because they won the title. 2K has a bad habit of keeping old guys rated too damn high anyway.

See: Chauncey Billups/KG/Kobe

Last edited:
Tim Duncan should not be the highest rated PF, I don't care what yall say. Just based off of last year: Duncan isn't the best at his position, he isn't the best player on his team, and he didn't make the All-Star team last year. Yet, somehow, he's the FOURTH highest rated player in the game. You cannot tell me in 2014-2015 Tim Duncan is better than Kevin Love (26 ppg, 45%, 37% from 3, 82% FT, 12.5 Rebs, 4.4 assists AND 3rd highest PER in the league behind KD and LeBron.) or LaMarcus Aldridge either for that matter.

Only reason he was boosted is because they won the title. 2K has a bad habit of keeping old guys rated too damn high anyway.

See: Chauncey Billups/KG/Kobe

his fatigue should be low

Compare Duncan's per36 numbers to any of those guys. Then include the fact that he's light years ahead of them on defense. It's not even close on that end of the floor. When you consider his only weaknesses are touches and minutes - those aren't really things that factor into the overall. Stamina maybe? Outside of that, he's been really really good these past 2 years.

Compare Duncan's per36 numbers to any of those guys. Then include the fact that he's light years ahead of them on defense. It's not even close on that end of the floor. When you consider his only weaknesses are touches and minutes - those aren't really things that factor into the overall. Stamina maybe? Outside of that, he's been really really good these past 2 years.

View media item 1085488

what good are per36 numbers for a guy who hasnt played 36 minutes a game in 10yrs?

You do know ratings are based on adjusted MPG statistics right?
Per 36
Back in the day, per 48

That is the whole POINT of per 36. To extrapolate numbers.

Dudes just look at numbers to determine whos better than who, stop making sense

Don't matter who's rated what.

Yall can get the business with the 6ers, Bucks, Pistons, don't matter.

That freelance offense is a game changer. Now I don't have to call plays every time down just to get some sort of movement and action going. Plus, I can pick a freelance offense that fits my team. Triangle is definitely coming up next.

Not @grandtheftbike  
tired.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom