Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by PMatic

Suns sign Dragic to four year-$34 million contract.
Well now.

Not the $10M per season he was asking for but have to think Houston won't match, right?

If Houston offers Lin $30M for 4...Knicks most likely match. That leaves the Rockets without any of their prime PG targets and an unhappy Lowry who wants out.

Dragic, Gordon (if NO doesn't match), Beas, 4 draft picks for Nash, Marshall drafted as backup PG...pretty good offseason for the Suns.

A lot of Rockets fans are up in arms because whatever the Lin contract is, it's basically the same thing Goran is gonna get on average, yearly. A lot of Rockets fans feel that the Rockets shoulda just anted up. What I think is, Lowry is still on the team, and Goran wants to start. I think Morey wouldn't guarantee him a starting gig. As long as a healthy Lowry is on the team, he's the starter. Lowry still most likely gets moved, eventually, but it's still Lowry > Goran + Lin. Also, thanks for the background story on that gif
laugh.gif

My bad, Dragic is unrestricted so there isn't even the possibility Houston can match & retain him. franchise3, I agree w/ them. Lowry wants out and made it clear he doesn't want to play for McHale. They could've easily shipped Lowry out and kept Goran, who is a safer bet at 4/$34M than Lin is at 4/$30M, and everything is smooth. They probably figure Lin gets a little less but brings in WAY more revenue for them though...

EDIT:
Originally Posted by JDiddy

Paul Coro: Goran Dragic contract tweak: it's a 4-year, $30M deal with potential to be $34M from annual $1M All-Star bonuses. 

Wow. Makes it even more
30t6p3b.gif
that Houston didn't keep him.

i thought nash had some sort of agreement with the knicks..

curious to see how it works though.. since nash thrives in an open uptempo system..

obviously he'll be great hitting those open 3s.. but it's still a mix of styles, with the lakers being such a halfcourt team.. and LA better not have intentions of playing him Kobe, bynum or gasol minutes (all over 35 per)

Suns got a great deal with Dragic. He's gonna average 8-10 assts for years to come. Suns had an excellent day. I hate to see Nash play for the Lakers, but he deserves to have a shot to get a ring. He deserves to play with Kobe. To all the great memories he had in Phoenix, and made me a die hard Suns fan, I appreciate it Nash. Got mad love for you.

Who's ready to see Nash make Pau Gasol look like an NBA live created player with a rating of 99?

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

My bad, Dragic is unrestricted so there isn't even the possibility Houston can match & retain him. franchise3, I agree w/ them. Lowry wants out and made it clear he doesn't want to play for McHale. They could've easily shipped Lowry out and kept Goran, who is a safer bet at 4/$34M than Lin is at 4/$30M, and everything is smooth. They probably figure Lin gets a little less but brings in WAY more revenue for them though...

EDIT:
Originally Posted by JDiddy

Paul Coro: Goran Dragic contract tweak: it's a 4-year, $30M deal with potential to be $34M from annual $1M All-Star bonuses. 
Wow. Makes it even more
30t6p3b.gif
that Houston didn't keep him.

They could've had a shot at 5, but Robinson fell to Sac which closed the door on a potential deal. Tried to trade him to Toronto at 8, but obviously they held off wanting to go hard for Nash, which they did. I think once the draft was over, that's basically was it. Lowry makes under 6M the next two years. He was a borderline All-Star last year. There's no point in dealing him, now. Which I think, goes back to the whole not being able to assure Goran if he signed, he would start. I mean, Goran has a player's option year 4 of his deal with Phoenix. Clearly, he wants to start and showcase himself, then when the time comes, if he lived up to the hype, he could opt out and cash in one last time. Lin on the other hand, in the unlikely chance NY doesn't match, doesn't mind coming off the bench. When Skip was the Rockets pg, Morey didn't hesitate to ship him to clear room for Brooks. And while Brooks's stock was high, moved him so Lowry can start. The thing here is, who knows when Lowry gets moved, as, as time goes on, he's a bigger trade chip. So, he couldn't guarantee Goran coming in as a starter. That's my theory anyway, since yeah, the money is practically the same when you average it out.

U got 4 picks for letting go of an aging vet and you're on verge of signing three players who are about to enter their prime

I agree with EVERYTHING OKB said. we could have taken Austin Rivers but nooooooo we give money to bum !@# Landry Fields. Everyone in our Division is making moves but we stay the same EVERY !@#$ING YEAR! THE WORST PART IS DUDES IN THE CITY TRY TO DEFEND TERRENCE ROSS, QUINCY ACY AND FIELDS. SAYING THEY'RE GOOD PICKS OR ITS A GOOD STEP FOWARD

Good moves by the Suns. Hopefully they sneak Gordon away from the Hornets as well.

What do the Mavs do now? They are in bad, bad shape.

So how much more help does Kobe need?  Got a top 5 point guard, 2nd best center and a top 5 power forward.

People talking about the Suns getting fleeced like this was some kind of trade-deadline deal.

Nash was an unrestricted free agent. Considering the alternative of getting nothing at all, the four picks is pretty good, regardless of what New York might have been offering.

Throw in Dragic and Beasley and that's a pretty decent haul in one day. Way better than their acquisitions last year.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

So how much more help does Kobe need?  Got a top 5 point guard, 2nd best center and a top 5 power forward.
Don't bring that dumb $%%% from the 20+ page cesspool of a thread into here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom