Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by you big dummy

201207021727628619314p2.jpg

char_26944.jpg

first thing that came to mind

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Marc Stein: Just going online and on SportsCenter: Hawks have agreed in principle to deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris to shed even more $ Twitter
Did not know this.
eek.gif
eek.gif
Thanks for breaking the news.

Originally Posted by leemelone

So the guy who says "I lost the drive to compete because I didn't take enough time to party it up" is just as competitive as anyone in the league. Anyone else would have got murdered by ESPN but for some reason the media let's this guy and Big Ben slide.
So Dirk isn't a competitor, but he's the first guy to take two teams to the Finals and win one without another legitimate star since... When?
The dude didn't need to run to another superstar to win a title. Didn't need to piss and moan, quit in a playoff game because he was upset, and demand a trade because he couldn't win without another star by him, but he's not an elite competitor. Got it. 

That's my last post about Dirk. 

Ric Bucher just tweeted not to count out Dwight Howard ending up with the Nets.Don't understand how that's possible unless he signs a mid-level exception. Would he do that? Probably not, unless Prokavic gives him stock in Russia or something of that nature (does that still break NBA rules if it's beyond US borders? Haha)

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Marshon Brooks... I don't see it, east coast version of Roddy "Buckets" Beaubois

Roddy would be good if Carlisle let him be another JET instead of trying to make him a pg. Completely lost all his confidence between his first two years around that foot injury. But you should watch Brooks play more. He completely hit a wall halfway thru the year but he is a very crafty player.

Bucher really is the worst, when it comes to these things. No way Orlando takes on a Gerald Wallace & Brook Lopez and such.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

So the guy who says "I lost the drive to compete because I didn't take enough time to party it up" is just as competitive as anyone in the league. Anyone else would have got murdered by ESPN but for some reason the media let's this guy and Big Ben slide.
So Dirk isn't a competitor, but he's the first guy to take two teams to the Finals and win one without another legitimate star since... When?
The dude didn't need to run to another superstar to win a title. Didn't need to piss and moan, quit in a playoff game because he was upset, and demand a trade because he couldn't win without another star by him, but he's not an elite competitor. Got it. 

You act lose the Mavs didn't annually have the highest payroll in the league, granted they were mostly former all stars 2-3 yrs past that point in their careers, but let's not act like he was playing with scrubs the same caliber of say LeBron's first finals run

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Marc Stein: Just going online and on SportsCenter: Hawks have agreed in principle to deal Marvin Williams to Utah for Devin Harris to shed even more $ Twitter
Did not know this.
eek.gif
eek.gif
Thanks for breaking the news.
sarcasm detected 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Buddy....the Knicks are not better than the Nets if Deron Williams does indeed resign. The Pacers just lost their All Star center and are probably going to trade their leading scorer this summer. The Bulls won't have Rose, still have Carlos Boozer starting and lost one of the best backup big men in the league. I'll be rooting like hell for the Celtics to win one more before KG retires but the shortened season did wonders for them...an 82 game season is not going to be friendly once it's playoff time. I'll give you the Heat obviously but I do like the Lebron-Crash and JJ-Wade matchups. Humphries took a dump on Bosh towards the end of the year and that's a good matchup as well. Then you have Deron Williams against Mario Chalmers and Brook Lopez against whatever 60 year old that wants to take a one year minimum deal from the Heat for this season. And Marshon, Kidd, Green and Teletovic will more than likely be better than every single player on the Heat's bench.

laugh.gif
 people are really counting out the Nets.
No one in the East seems to be threat outside of Miami with the current structure (if Deron re-signs). No one is beating the Heat anyways, but I'm talking about the team that will meet them in the ECF. Boston has a chance, but thats pending other FA deals. Indiana is about to lose their all-star center. Bulls are pretty much done in terms of contending. Philly are more than likely going to make a drastic change and move Iguodala. 

The Nets will be a top 4 team if they are able to keep Lopez and re-sign Dwill. 

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Ric Bucher just tweeted not to count out Dwight Howard ending up with the Nets.Don't understand how that's possible unless he signs a mid-level exception. Would he do that? Probably not, unless Prokavic gives him stock in Russia or something of that nature (does that still break NBA rules if it's beyond US borders? Haha)
Sign & Trade package built around Lopez & Brooks. The salaries will match since Lopez is up for an extension and will be making big money, but the trade is still a long shot since Brooklyn can't take back any of ORL's bad contracts now.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Buddy....the Knicks are not better than the Nets if Deron Williams does indeed resign. The Pacers just lost their All Star center and are probably going to trade their leading scorer this summer. The Bulls won't have Rose, still have Carlos Boozer starting and lost one of the best backup big men in the league. I'll be rooting like hell for the Celtics to win one more before KG retires but the shortened season did wonders for them...an 82 game season is not going to be friendly once it's playoff time. I'll give you the Heat obviously but I do like the Lebron-Crash and JJ-Wade matchups. Humphries took a dump on Bosh towards the end of the year and that's a good matchup as well. Then you have Deron Williams against Mario Chalmers and Brook Lopez against whatever 60 year old that wants to take a one year minimum deal from the Heat for this season. And Marshon, Kidd, Green and Teletovic will more than likely be better than every single player on the Heat's bench.
laugh.gif
... crash cant guard lebron.. JJ cant guard wade... and if anything, if you watched any heat games battier can guard JJ or crash... put wade on dwill...  you think kidd can keep up with cole?

I might wait until the ink is dry on Deron's contract and Joe actually gets to Brooklyn before I think about the Nets making noise in the playoffs.

It's not even that the Joe Johnson deal is so bad, it;s just evidence of a deeper pervasive level of incompetence the Brooklyn nets entire organization reeks of.

These people get paid to make basketball decisions, as a huge fan of common sense I was offended by the Gerald Wallace trade.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Dude...the guy said it himself. "I'm not a competitor right now". That's what my whole argument is based on. You can try to make a case whether Kobe did or did not quit in the second half of a game where his team was already getting blown out but Dirk actually did STOP PLAYING and take games off in the middle of the season for CONDITIONING while Kobe is getting shot up with drugs to play with an injury on his good hand when Carmelo and Luol Deng missed weeks with the same injury to their OFF hand so he could carry a team with statistically the worst starting point guard, small forward (a guy whose own coach said wouldn't get any playing time AT ALL if it was based on stats) and the worst bench all while leading the league in scoring until the last day of the season and carrying his team to a 3 seed after already having not just one but FIVE rings. That's what you call an elite competitor. I'm glad we're both done talking about this Dirk character.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

It's not even that the Joe Johnson deal is so bad, it;s just evidence of a deeper pervasive level of incompetence the Brooklyn nets entire organization reeks of.

These people get paid to make basketball decisions, as a huge fan of common sense I was offended by the Gerald Wallace trade.
laugh.gif

I'm not buying any of this ATL is preparing to get Dwight and CP3 to pair up with Smith. Just 20 pages ago, NO was gonna have a squad with 9 rookies and HOU was getting Dwight and Deron.

Sources: Rockets, Dragic far apart

The Houston Rockets are pessimistic about their chances of re-signing point guard Goran Dragic with the sides far apart in negotiations, according to sources close to the process.

The Rockets met with Dragic on Monday in Houston and were hopeful of reaching terms quickly with the Slovenian, who averaged 16.3 points and 7.3 assists in 32 games after the All-Star break following an injury to Kyle Lowry.

But Dragic left town without a deal, sources said, leading one source close to the process to say that the lefty's expected return to the Rockets is "not going to happen." Dragic is scheduled Tuesday to visit the Phoenix Suns, who dealt him to the Rockets at the 2011 trade deadline.

Dragic is said to be seeking an annual salary of at least $10 million and, according to sources familiar with his thinking, expects to be installed as the starter wherever he lands.
Link

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif
nicely put man

Goran back to Houston is looking unlikely, according to Stein. As much as I like Goran, $10M a year for such a small sample size is too much of a risk. Could turn out to be Darren Collison 2.0. Showed out when given the opportunity, than regressed some after signing the deal. Phoenix traded him and a first rounder for Aaron Brooks, and Goran was a throw in in the three team Gasol deal. Now 10M per?

Where is Darius Miles? Crazy Brand is still in the league and he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom