Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Sharon Reed is so bad.

jsg5mo.jpg

2j1r5m9.jpg

eek.gif
 What city?

I thought Greg might retire from basketball after Portland released him. That's not happening. Right now, his plan is to take off the entire 2012-13 season, move back to Columbus, take all the time he needs to rehab his knee back to full strength, and continue working toward the degree that he abandoned after one year at Ohio State. Once he feels ready, he plans to sign with an NBA team in 2013 and (hopefully) string together a few years of injury-free basketball.
Link

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Reports that Anthony Davis severely sprained his ankle in practice today?

Here we go...
PR move to keep him off Team USA. New owner in New Orleans wants to protect his prized asset. No way the "injury" is that serious.

What happens if a.) Deron goes to Dallas or b.) Nets spend all their cap room?

Re: Dwight

PS If Deron goes to Dallas, they're going to spend money. They can't pitch "let's suck for a year to keep the cap space and see what Dwight does"

Deron isn't going to Dallas, he's has a better chance of going thru the east to the finals than the west

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Will anyone sign Oden this summer?

I feel like if a team is inclined to, they might as well do it now before he gets relatively healthy and a number of teams will be interested.

Two years, $3 million or something, with an opt-out clause if he can't play by a certain date next year. I'd say it's worth the small amount of money.

he wont play the entire season. i dont think a team wants to pay him money to do nothing.

if anything this is a good thing for the pacers, they lose Hibbert and sign Oden next summer.
I've been saying this B, that would be great.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

It would be monumentally stupid for the Warriors to throw away their last few drafts on Dwight Howard only to watch him leave.

the same goes for all those bum teams that want to do that tho. rockets, GSW etc etc

he wont turn down a deal from the lakers,nets or bulls tho

Originally Posted by Buc Em

This dude Jrue Holiday is asking for a max contract extension now.

I saw this on Twitter and thought the cat that tweeted was joking.  What makes Jrue think he's a franchise type player?  That's usually who gets those type of deals minus Boozer & Joe Johnson.

2008 Devin Harris is rolling in his grave right now. Dude would have gotten the max if that was right now.Jrue Holiday averaged 13.5 points and 4.5 assists this season btw.

I wish there was some sort of precedent set where, if you were a middle of the pack player asking for a max contract you got insta-traded or insta-released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom