Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RipC

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Also, I'm still getting used to the fact that Fab Melo is going to be our starting center next season 
indifferent.gif
 I wish we had the payroll for a decent center, but alas, with Roy Hibbert getting max money, it's not happening.
Raptors making terrible roster decisions as usual 
laugh.gif
 giving Fields $20 mil just to get 3 years of 40-year-old Steve Nash, and promptly slide right back into the cellar thereafter.

Fab Melo is startng?
nerd.gif
I mean, theoretically KG could play the 5 again, but I don't think he wants to do that for another whole season. Melo is the only true center on the roster.

what about stiemsma? i liked him a lot last season, why not have him start

Fab Melo is startng?
nerd.gif
I mean, theoretically KG could play the 5 again, but I don't think he wants to do that for another whole season. Melo is the only true center on the roster.

Good point actually. First we have to re-sign him though.
Either way, neither is really a NBA starter-quality player 
laugh.gif
 Between injuries and roster moves, we've had pretty much zero depth at the center spot the past 3 years.

RT @MySportsLegion: After meeting with Hasheem Thabeet, the Oklahoma City Thunder now have interest in Magic big man Daniel Orton.

I don't know why this is funny to me. Its like he failed in the meeting. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

RT @MySportsLegion: After meeting with Hasheem Thabeet, the Oklahoma City Thunder now have interest in Magic big man Daniel Orton.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

It's Tuesday and still no word on Deron. This guy just can't make up his mind already and announce he's going to stay with the Nets?
?

Free Agency isn't even 3 full days old and he just met with both teams yesterday. I think I'd give him a little more than a day to make a life-changing decision, no?

Fab Melo is startng?
nerd.gif

Because his body won't last half the season if he plays starter's minutes.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's like "After going to Prom with Jessica, Eric has now asked Brittany to be his girlfriend"

Can't make up his mind? He's waiting to see what Dwight's gonna do. Didn't he even say that?

Can't say I blame him.

Kidd is waiting on Deron, Deron* is waiting on Dwight, Dwight is... waiting on the good Lord or something, I don't know.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
* And the Lakers, Kobe, Bynum, the Magic, Jrich, Hedo, the Nets, NT S&T...

Rockets might give Lin a poison pill contract
laugh.gif
. I prefer Goran, but fortunately poison pill contracts are averaged out over three years. 6M and some change is a lot for a backup PG... ...but I said the same for Kyle Lowry when he signed his contract which was 5-6M. Eventually, Lowry will get moved, and I prefer Lin at 6M over three, than Goran at 8-10M over 4

Remember Keith Bogans? He started a year ago on a ECF teams.  Havent seen much of him since than.  And that backloaded contract is meaningless cause the Raptors will still suck in 3 years.

Just go back and watch the tape man.  I've never seen someone as overwhelmed in 9 playoff games as I've seen Landry Fields.  When he can't get out in transition he is absolutely useless.  I remember Corey Brewer having a great playoff game against the Lakers where he scored 18 and played great D on Kobe. HE can make an impact on the game in a way Landry never can and never will.  Look at yourself, everyone in the world is laughing at this deal yet you are ardently defending it.

This is like the time where for weeks you paraded the Illinois job as some great position when it clearly wasn't.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Can't make up his mind? He's waiting to see what Dwight's gonna do. Didn't he even say that?

Can't say I blame him.

Kidd is waiting on Deron, Deron* is waiting on Dwight, Dwight is... waiting on the good Lord or something, I don't know.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
* And the Lakers, Kobe, Bynum, the Magic, Jrich, Hedo, the Nets, NT S&T...
The Dominoes are falling now. D12 in LA next
nerd.gif

at least Toronto has Landry when they lose to Miami.......

looks like a Max deal. No dwight discounts.

Good for D-Will. Now get Dwight's **# to LA Mitch, [Capt. Howard from Bad Boys] Whatever it takes

Nets have essentially become the Atlanta Hawks in terms of their place in the EC.

Nets & Knicks games bout to be pooping.  Depending on how the Nets experience is, I'd consider trading allegiances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom