OFFICIAL NBA OFFICIATING UNAPPRECIATION THREAD

Its why the NBA is my 3rd-4th favorite sport to be honest......very rarely am I drawn so much to a game because anytime I get into a game, I hear a whistle.

Combined with the soft players flopping all over the place and people crying for fouls, and how games take 40 minutes to finish when there are two minutes left in a game, and the endless amount of timeouts from both teams + officials timeouts (really)......the product is more
sick.gif
than
eek.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

happy.gif

It's true though.

Kobe and LeBron get those phantom calls on the regular

Nope. Seein Lebron get a technical or being in foul trouble is almost a once in a life time event.
I read something in another thread where someone said Lebron could beg for a foul and the refs still wouldn't give it to him. Spot on. 
laugh.gif

Stan being a Stan
laugh.gif

^ You calling me that suppose to bother me somehow? 
laugh.gif

There's plenty of people that will agree with me and they don't have to be Lebron haters or Kobe fans either.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

There's plenty of people that will agree with me and they don't have to be Lebron haters or Kobe fans either.
wink.gif

I could careless if it bothers you or not. Just saying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by Proshares

He knows he's not getting calls in that series.

+1

Which is why people need to stop saying this will be a physical series. It ain't gonna happen. He was smart to make that Phil Jackson type comment.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Its why the NBA is my 3rd-4th favorite sport to be honest......very rarely am I drawn so much to a game because anytime I get into a game, I hear a whistle.

Combined with the soft players flopping all over the place and people crying for fouls, and how games take 40 minutes to finish when there are two minutes left in a game, and the endless amount of timeouts from both teams + officials timeouts (really)......the product is more
sick.gif
than
eek.gif

Yup. I mean I still watch my squad (Warriors
sick.gif
) but I can't deal with most NBA games, because most of the time they end up being free-throw contests since players like Wade, Lebron, etc ALWAYS get the calls
sick.gif
Also I really wish something could be done about TV timeouts. Just put all those @#$@$@$ ads during halftime. It's not like viewers are gonna care about them one way or another
mad.gif
That's what I like about soccer. 2 45 minute halves with 0 commercials, besides a 15 minute break.

It seems like most games don't have a good flow. which is a serious problem because the best basketball is played when both teams are in a rythem.

Stern is gonna do whatever it takes to have one LA teams go to the WCF. Don't get me started on the East tho
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif
You sound like a lebron stan. The lakers won the 2010 championship with a free throw deficit. The heat could not win it with the refs behind them. Stick to baseball.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

laugh.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif
You sound like a lebron stan. The lakers won the 2010 championship with a free throw deficit. The heat could not win it with the refs behind them. Stick to baseball.
grin.gif

How am I a LeBron Stan? I don't like either of them
laugh.gif

NBA admits they got the call wrong: http://t.co/PFsg9fLo

Did my eyes deceive me or did the inbounder never release the ball, before after or during the whistle? And isn't the rule TWO free throws and possession? Or did they change that overnight

One FT and retain possession of the ball...I thought it was two but regardless that's HUGE.

Not going to say we would've won the game had we gotten that call, but for them to not even review it and try to dupe fans is just disrespectful.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Officials will always be prone to human error and emotion...but things tend to even out over the course of a seven game series.  I think it is always easier for fans to blame the officials than to face the fact that their team lost and it's season is over.  Officials may alter a game or two...but are not the primary reason a team loses four games to another. 

Well said.

-Josh Smith who was on the sideline waiting to check in must've said the most obscene and vulgar thing ever for the ref to have focused more on those words than officiating the game, tech.
He was arguing about not being allowed to check in, then a possession happened on the other end, then when the play came back to Atlanta's side he was still screaming at the ref. The official tried to give him a long leash on that play but Josh refused to let it go. Your anger should be directed at Josh Smith's immaturity more than the ref who rightly T'd him up.

Bingo.

At the end of the day, refs dont lose you a series. Yeah, there is human error, but show me player that shoots 100% every game with 0 turnovers? If thats what is asked for with our refs, then it would be also expected from our players too then, right?

Also, since when does *****ing and complaining about either a call or non call on every single possession help things too? Ive seen more lack of defense and hustle from a player complaining this year than referee mistakes. Nobody's perfect, players or refs.

Nobody expects the refs to get every call right, but yesterday in the Hawks/Celtics game at such a critical time, three professionals officials are going to converse and none are going to review or question the proposed called? BS. Of course 24 hours later they will admit they're wrong, the series is over and no one can do anything. I am not buying it, when the game is on the line and you have a chance to REVIEW a questionable call you choose not to...

I mean in the Hawks game, it's like they HAD to have done that on purpose. The refs makes the call, then they all huddle together like, "You know the ball wasn't inbounded yet so Atlanta gets shots and the ball back now..." "well we can't do that, they'll likely win the game,"... "Umm, just give the ball back, nobody knows that rule anyways."

This dude Mark Davis is trying to make a name for himself this Playoffs
laugh.gif

I've ALWAYS hated this dude, there's no reason why I should know who this guy even is..

Mark Davis is out there looking power hungry. That T on Evans made zero sense at all

They've been absolutely horrible this postseason(not just heat games)......the @!*% is disgusting too cause that's why i really stopped paying much attention to the college game......the refs just get entirely too involved, and it waters down the product
30t6p3b.gif

It's crazy how a game can be called one way in the 1st half, and then just flip the script and be called completely different in the 2nd

Back
Top Bottom