Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Samples as i was told at my local nb store..size 43 eu only..
frown.gif
@el3ctronick   these fs? Im a 43. Id take em :wink:

My least favorite fieg I've owned were the americanas, Opened the box, took them out and immediately wanted to sell them.

Garbage shape, terrible fit, ashy rough material. Daytonas were right up there with their moldy toe boxes lol
lol maybe i should just consider myself just lucky. the shape on mine was perfect.  Seems like I fit well in most 577's though, it seems a like a pretty perfect fit for me - next to the 998's.

lol maybe i should just consider myself just lucky. the shape on mine was perfect.  Seems like I fit well in most 577's though, it seems a like a pretty perfect fit for me - next to the 998's.
He is referring to the "old" shape, which  new 577s don't have. TGWO pack was pretty good shapewise for new releases, but still not good enough for the purists. That bump on the Fiegs toe is what he probably means....

That said I dig my Americanas. Asian made, sure. But the cw was nice and the material used was cool. Im not much of a shape nazi but I do prefer the older stuff. Problem is I refuse to pay that admission.

Last edited:

thanks! repped. in terms of length they are pretty much the same huh?
Yup! I tried them both on at the NB store in NYC a couple months ago, I should've taken a picture for comparison, one on each foot because you can see how the 997 gets a little narrower. Especially on my huge size 13 feet haha

so can anyone tell me about fitting of the 997s compared to 998s? same size or i must size down?

Yep as Alex already mentioned, most will agree with 997's being same size as 998's. Most NB's fit the same except for 5xx series NB imo. Which Im not a big fan of to begin with.

I honestly mainly like 996's, 997's. 998's, and 1300's. All others are few in between depending on CW and shape.

Walter..

not sure which pair you are looking at but to me, the PR is much than the GY, NV and DTE pairs which are TTS for me.  If PR i would go down half a size.  I own all 4.
Yep as Alex already mentioned, most will agree with 997's being same size as 998's. Most NB's fit the same except for 5xx series NB imo. Which Im not a big fan of to begin with.

I honestly mainly like 996's, 997's. 998's, and 1300's. All others are few in between depending on CW and shape.

Walter..
thanks everyone..repped for the help. I own only asian 574, 577, 998 and 580..i just want to prepare for the upcoming concepts release..since i am gonna have one shot, i have to make the right choice..and as everyone here says, i will stick to my normal 998s size..

thank you!

thanks everyone..repped for the help. I own only asian 574, 577, 998 and 580..i just want to prepare for the upcoming concepts release..since i am gonna have one shot, i have to make the right choice..and as everyone here says, i will stick to my normal 998s size..
thank you!

Oh well I think things just changed up quite a bit. I don't own any Asian model NB's but sizing is different between USA made and Asian made models.

From what I've read many say, Asian made models fit .5 smaller. So if you wear an 11.5 in Asian model 998's, then you'd be an 11 in USA made model 998's.

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
Asian made models fit like Nike TTS, which for me is 11.5...and USA made NB models for me are size 11.

Walter..

Oh well I think things just changed up quite a bit. I don't own any Asian model NB's but sizing is different between USA made and Asian made models.

From what I've read many say, Asian made models fit .5 smaller. So if you wear an 11.5 in Asian model 998's, then you'd be an 11 in USA made model 998's.

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
Asian made models fit like Nike TTS, which for me is 11.5...and USA made NB models for me are size 11.

Walter..
asian 574 and 580..998s and 577s are US and UK made.. 574 fit half smaller(the asian made for sure)..while the 580 fit pretty much the same like the 577 UK made..

thanks a lot for helping!

Back
Top Bottom