Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just copped them off Blend. Thanks very,Tbrights. First pair of New balances since middle school the 801's I believe. Can't wait!! (Bart Scott voice)

Also heard they run big went .5 sz dwn is that true?

i've been hunting for the GNR's for the longest time.  thanks dude! 
Ugh - wanted the 998GNR for a long time - but thought I could do better than retail.  So waited.

Dropped to $120 - $140 CAD retail at a few Canadian spots - but was saving my money for other kicks dropping - and thought price might go even lower.

Found a last pair sz 13 in Vancouver on my way to Honolulu in the summer for $100.  But thought I would scoop them on my way back home (Toronto).  Back to Vancouver a week later - GNRs are gone.  Okay - whatever - will just get them when I'm back home.

Back home - all the local spots and online store that had sz 13 GNRs for ~$120 have sold out.  Pretty hard to find in my size even at retail now.

My biggest mess-up in 2014.  Good on ya, bro.

Last edited:

No problemo. I'm sure you'll like them. I rock my pair at least once a week
smokin.gif
yea dude.  the GNR is such a clean CW, i can def see myself wearing it with a lot of different outfits. 

Ugh - wanted the 998GNR for a long time - but thought I could do better than retail.  So waited.

Dropped to $120 - $140 CAD retail at a few Canadian spots - but was saving my money for other kicks dropping - and thought price might go even lower.

Found a last pair sz 13 in Vancouver on my way to Honolulu in the summer for $100.  But thought I would scoop them on my way back home (Toronto).  Back to Vancouver a week later - GNRs are gone.  Okay - whatever - will just get them when I'm back home.

Back home - all the local spots and online store that had sz 13 GNRs for ~$120 have sold out.  Pretty hard to find in my size even at retail now.

My biggest mess-up in 2014.  Good on ya, bro.
the bigger sizes seem to sit for most GRs.   big footers def have the option of waiting for those killer sales.   you're lucky in that aspect.. anyway, i hope you can find them this year. 

big sizes in runners always sit.  always seem to be the last pair in store or online.  blessing or curse depending on how you look at it.  

Being a big footer, does have some advantages - I can usually scoop NB GRs on the cheap if I do my homework.  And ya, clearance/outlets are usually a bonanza for me.

However, being an 'edge' size - most retail spots get one pair - so it's either the 1st or last to go.  Local NB chain usually doesn't order anything bigger than 12 in the US/UK NBs.  Canadian J. Crews don't get bigger sizes.

And collaborations/limited shoes?  I'm lucky if stores get a 13 in their order -- assuming they even made a full size run (Asics collaborations seems to stop at sz 12 pretty often).  Have had to squeeze sz 12 in some NBs - luckily, NB is kinder to wide-footers.  And resale is ridiculous -- think I've seen one pair of Tassies in 13 for sale once and the price was 
sick.gif

If I could, would gladly trade shoes sizes.

Oh well - enough crying -- at least there's some upside to being sz 13 and into NBs -- me trying to buy SBs is a nightmare. 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
These are insane! I checked out that site and am really digging the 997JNB's as well. Need these to hit the states ASAP!

Word of caution on sportszoneelite though, I've had many bad experiences with them and personally would try to avoid doing business with them.

They hold your money forever and then hit you with a out of stock email (happened to me several times), and a pair I did receive had the left shoe distinctly faded and discoloured, like it was left in the sun for months.

Being a big footer, does have some advantages - I can usually scoop NB GRs on the cheap if I do my homework.  And ya, clearance/outlets are usually a bonanza for me.

However, being an 'edge' size - most retail spots get one pair - so it's either the 1st or last to go.  Local NB chain usually doesn't order anything bigger than 12 in the US/UK NBs.  Canadian J. Crews don't get bigger sizes.

And collaborations/limited shoes?  I'm lucky if stores get a 13 in their order -- assuming they even made a full size run (Asics collaborations seems to stop at sz 12 pretty often).  Have had to squeeze sz 12 in some NBs - luckily, NB is kinder to wide-footers.  And resale is ridiculous -- think I've seen one pair of Tassies in 13 for sale once and the price was :x .

If I could, would gladly trade shoes sizes.

Oh well - enough crying -- at least there's some upside to being sz 13 and into NBs -- me trying to buy SBs is a nightmare. :rolleyes  

13 here too, luckily though I can squeeze 12 pretty easily it's mainly Nike where I have to do a 13. For asics Saucony nb I think they're easier to get in my limited experience.

SB does suck for 13s, but only on older pickups really, only shoe I actually went for and struck out recently for SB was the Tiffany's

If you want an SB and do your research you can buy it pretty easy on release day, but if you try to wait for price drops the 13 is usually first to go and might not hit discount as easily as other sizes. Then again I might be one of the guys beating you to that 13 lol, it's a lot of us in that SB thread for how many are available

123 canadian shipped! not bad! - love these, white flats in them now.. I dig these more than the rose's from cncpts! - bring on the hate baby! 

I'd like a pair only to steal the only in soho concept or something similar.

Word of caution on sportszoneelite though, I've had many bad experiences with them and personally would try to avoid doing business with them.

They hold your money forever and then hit you with a out of stock email (happened to me several times), and a pair I did receive had the left shoe distinctly faded and discoloured, like it was left in the sun for months.
yea, this happened to me when i ordered the 997GY from them last year. 

I've dealt with them numerous times and have had nothing but great experiences.

I would highly suggest to give them a call to make sure that they have what you are looking for in stock and go from there with the contact you make. They have been great to me, I have nothing bad to say about there customer service.

Walter..

Back
Top Bottom