Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I just copped the New Balance 990DSA for $129.99 + 15.65 Shipping (shipping is a bit much) from Ebay seller imperialwear . Sizes 10,11,11.5 ,12, 13 remain. Haven't heard much talk about this model from the distinct weekend collection but it was on my must grab list. I feel that this early in the year this is a pretty good price.

J Crew killed these 1400s 
nthat.gif
They really did. I was taken off guard when I saw them in person last week. Your pics actually do them justice. They have some of the best materials I've seen in awhile...and that gum sole.
Agreed -- saw them today at a J. Crew and the suede on them felt like velvet... personally not a huge fan of the colorway (don't really dig dark green kicks), but might have to cop just based on feel, quality and gum sole alone.

Big ups on the Jcrew code, been waiting on that for a while.

My local RRS has some old stock of the 988gy sitting for cheap (the ones with the thin midsole). Sizes 10, 11, 13. Let me know if anyone needs an assist.

Italy vs England... 
nerd.gif

ordered these wed morning, and arrived fri morning from END... that's crazy fast.  after about 9-10 997/998's, i finally got a UK made pair.  materials are ridiculous.  there are a couple minor flaws though... US>UK in terms of craftsmanship for sure.  but the CW is cleaaan.  that contrast on the heeltab is so classy. 

Italy vs England... 
nerd.gif

ordered these wed morning, and arrived fri morning from END... that's crazy fast.  after about 9-10 997/998's, i finally got a UK made pair.  materials are ridiculous.  there are a couple minor flaws though... US>UK in terms of craftsmanship for sure.  but the CW is cleaaan.  that contrast on the heeltab is so classy. 
Did you have to deal with any customs tax or importing fees from Fed Ex when you ordered these? Im assuming you live in US, I've been trying to figure out if its a price limit or weight limit that requires additional fees when they items are received by Fed Ex from END. Someone I heard said $200 before tax is the limit but another said its calculated based on weight, wasn't sure if you were more knowledgeable on overseas shipping since Ive considered ordering some stuff from sites like End and Size? but wasn't sure about additional fees. 

Shoes are dope those 577's fit good? People say they fit big.

Did you have to deal with any customs tax or importing fees from Fed Ex when you ordered these? Im assuming you live in US, I've been trying to figure out if its a price limit or weight limit that requires additional fees when they items are received by Fed Ex from END. Someone I heard said $200 before tax is the limit but another said its calculated based on weight, wasn't sure if you were more knowledgeable on overseas shipping since Ive considered ordering some stuff from sites like End and Size? but wasn't sure about additional fees. 

Shoes are dope those 577's fit good? People say they fit big.
no customs tax for me.  i think it's bc the value was under $200.  i don't have personal experience with paying customs, bc everything i've ordered international was sub $200.  but, i've mostly read that the customs is based on declared value. 

577 fits similar to 997/998's.  the 577 has a slightly wider footprint, but i'd still stay TTS to your US NB sizing. 

no customs tax for me.  i think it's bc the value was under $200.  i don't have personal experience with paying customs, bc everything i've ordered international was sub $200.  but, i've mostly read that the customs is based on declared value. 

577 fits similar to 997/998's.  the 577 has a slightly wider footprint, but i'd still stay TTS to your US NB sizing. 
Thanks for the heads up. I dont have a lot of experience with 997/998 but I do size down to a 12 from my normal 13(Nike) for other models like 13-1600/999/996/580 although for 574 i stay with 13 cause those usual feel tighter in the toe for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom