Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

J Crew killed these 1400s 
nthat.gif
easy. scooped the penfield cornell jacket and some sage chinos as well. was tempted to cop the indigo flames as well for $152. looks like jcrew discovered their mistake around 12:30 last night and discontinued the code on their us site. this was a RARE if not one and only chance to get 3rd party merchandise from their site using promo code. id rep twice if I could as I had my eye on this penfield for the rainy spring and didnt want to wait for off season sale. butter kicks topped it off. thanks again.  #GrownManSwag 

Ok guys. I have a question concerning the 998s sizing. I have searched this thread but I couldn't get a definite answer. Even google and youtube could not help. I am a size 10 in Nike AM90, size 9.5 in Nike Roshes, size 9.5 in Adidas ZX Fluxes, size 10/10.5 in Asics GLIIIs, seze 10 in Adidas ZX 700, size 10 in Jourdans and pretty much all my dress shoes. I have wide feet but not wide enough to wear a wide shoe (I wear standard width on all my shoes). Now what sizing should I get for the 998s? - a size 9.5 or size 10.  This seems like the best place to ask since I haven't found a physical store where I could try on the shoes. I found a good deal on eBay for the Connoisseur Guitar (size 10) but the seller has no returns and there are other sellers but I don't want to have to go through the hassle of returning. 

easy. scooped the penfield cornell jacket and some sage chinos as well. was tempted to cop the indigo flames as well for $152. looks like jcrew discovered their mistake around 12:30 last night and discontinued the code on their us site. this was a RARE if not one and only chance to get 3rd party merchandise from their site using promo code. id rep twice if I could as I had my eye on this penfield for the rainy spring and didnt want to wait for off season sale. butter kicks topped it off. thanks again.  #GrownManSwag 

I dunno about that man.. It's definitely infrequent, but usually you are able to use codes on their NBs a few times a year.

Ok guys. I have a question concerning the 998s sizing. I have searched this thread but I couldn't get a definite answer. Even google and youtube could not help. I am a size 10 in Nike AM90, size 9.5 in Nike Roshes, size 9.5 in Adidas ZX Fluxes, size 10/10.5 in Asics GLIIIs, seze 10 in Adidas ZX 700, size 10 in Jourdans and pretty much all my dress shoes. I have wide feet but not wide enough to wear a wide shoe (I wear standard width on all my shoes). Now what sizing should I get for the 998s? - a size 9.5 or size 10.  This seems like the best place to ask since I haven't found a physical store where I could try on the shoes. I found a good deal on eBay for the Connoisseur Guitar (size 10) but the seller has no returns and there are other sellers but I don't want to have to go through the hassle of returning. 
Personally, If I were you I would just stick with the 10 if you arent sure and cant find any to try on. I wear a 13 in Nike but most NB I size down to a 12 but with the 998 I tried on I went with the 13 because it ran tighter in the toe, a 12.5 would have prob been best but 12.5 dont usually pop up often. I also wear a half size down in fluxs and tts for asics. I should note that my foot runs narrow even more narrow than standard D. You can always deal with a little wiggle room or even wear a thicker sock or put in a gel in sole if they feel roomy but if you do size down and have issues with your toe poking the front their isnt a lot you can do. 

You should get a size 9.5 if you like a snugger fit. You will be able to fit both a 9.5 and 10. But in the 10 you will have more toe room. With the 9.5 your toes should touch the end.

If anyone is a size 12  and looking, there is a good deal for J. Crew Independence Days (M998JS4) on grailed. 
How does this site compare to others like Kixify and Flight CLub/Sole supremecey and what not. Just wondering if anyone had any issues buying from sellers thru the site. I know Paypal is pretty safe but since this isn't an actual store or warehouse where the shoes are inspected and confirmed new im always hesistant about buying from unknown people. 

How does this site compare to others like Kixify and Flight CLub/Sole supremecey and what not. Just wondering if anyone had any issues buying from sellers thru the site. I know Paypal is pretty safe but since this isn't an actual store or warehouse where the shoes are inspected and confirmed new im always hesistant about buying from unknown people. 
It's similar to eBay I would say. It's pretty big with people trying to sell higher end clothing. You will have your usual sketchy people etc., but with PayPal and knowing what you're doing you should be alright. 

Back
Top Bottom