Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

So to those who have ordered from sports zone elite would you say the display models that get sold are really dumpy? I don't need a perfect pair of shoes but if they will sell items that are totally jacked i'm not time wasting….thanks for any heady advice

So to those who have ordered from sports zone elite would you say the display models that get sold are really dumpy? I don't need a perfect pair of shoes but if they will sell items that are totally jacked i'm not time wasting….thanks for any heady advice
I bought a pair of 998BTs from them last year that were display models. They were perfect, nothing wrong with them at all.

Bought a pair of 998ROs and the left pair was significantly faded; suede was duller and the midsole had yellowed. It was a very prominent difference between both pairs and i was annoyed to say the least.

Yeah why wouldn't NB just release them through their own store in Boston in that case? Like they did with the Copley Square 574s last year. 
That is what I was thinking. NB doesn't need Concepts to push a release for them. Considering the New Balance Store is at the finishline for the marathon as well.

Last edited:

I feel like Deon doesn't want a weak 574 ID colorway associated with cncpts 
Yea I 100% agree. It's very strange how they are handling this. Both deon and New Balance had instagram posts clarifying who designed this shoe and what the release actually is. Sounds like deon called new balance and told them to clarify haha

Thanks. 1300NW are calling my name.
Great pair!  You definitely need to answer that call!  

I think they look especially fresh with the following lace swap (TGWO white 3M laces from Offspring GLV fame):

Last edited:

I copped 998BT, 998LL, and 997GY from them last year and all were perfect.

Yea I 100% agree. It's very strange how they are handling this. Both deon and New Balance had instagram posts clarifying who designed this shoe and what the release actually is. Sounds like deon called new balance and told them to clarify haha

Like last year they released a New Balance that was exclusive to Concepts but not a collab. I believe the last few years they've done this together.

Like last year they released a New Balance that was exclusive to Concepts but not a collab. I believe the last few years they've done this together.
Do you know what deon's affiliation with the shop is? Does he just work/design stuff or does he have equity ownership?

Do you know what deon's affiliation with the shop is? Does he just work/design stuff or does he have equity ownership?
Think he's just a manager/buyer.  Sure he has design input on their collabs too.  Just pure speculation on my part though.     

I still remember when Concepts was just a store inside a store; the joint in the back of the Tannery underneath the Gap in Harvard Sq, not too far from where their current storefront is located.  Back when Spungie was runnin' that ish with the likes of Scott, Niko and them.  I remember Deon coming on the scene a bit later.  Memory's a bit hazy, but I think he really took the reins when Spungie defected and opened his own shop called Laced in the South End.  Not sure if Laced is still going strong or what Spunge is up to these days (if he's still affiliated with Concepts in any way, shape, or form) as I moved away from Boston in early 2010.  

Last edited:
been a lurker in this thread for ages.

just signed up to say aviod sports zone elite.

bought a pair of 997s from them and I received my pair with one foot different size to the other. loool.

i'm sure people have had good experiences with sports zone elite, but when i ordered the 997gy from them last year, it took over a week for them to say it was sold out.  then they asked if i wanted to go up a size.  still kind of salty about that lol. 

Back
Top Bottom