Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

first post here, my 998 JS4
happy.gif

I didn't realize NB collabs went on sale. SMH! Had I known this sooner I wouldn't have ever bought anything concept on release day!

NB collabs don't always go on sale and your shoe size is also an indicator on how fast they will go. Asides from hype and other factors. GRs are the ones you can mainly get on disco with patience, luck, and nt.

In the market for some 530s. What's the sizing like on them? Searching through this thread it seems maybe TTS or .5 up - that correct?

I can't be the only one expressing some concern over the amount of money most NEW BALANCE sneakers are listed for. It seems like 200 plus is expected and 250 plus is far too common. I understand we are paying for quality, products being manufactured in the states and the UK two of the most expensive places on earth, and tasteful design. It seems like NB is using there best CWs on there most expensive products as well. I know there's options, u can purchase some run of the mill 574's or wait for sales....but I think NB should find a medium, a compromise of quality, refinement and dope CWs that we have come to expect for less than 200, 250 or even 300. It just seems like every hot new release comes with a rediculous price tag. Maybe I'm in the minority...who knows. I knew a long time ago that my passion for sneakers would kill my wallet and I expect this from Jordan, with there endorsements and all that BS. But as I grow older I would really like to slip on some cool New Balances that are less than 2 bills. Just my two cents. And thank you to all those posting sales, promotions, etc. I really appreciate it.
I've learned to just wait for discounts on them which happens for most color ways.  Most recently picked up the 997CCF for $160 (200 retail) then the 997 for $130 (260 retail).  I've only paid full price on the 998 Independence days and CNCPTS 997 collabs, only because i'm a completist and have most of the 997 drops (recent ones).

Last edited:
RE: the price of NB's: I haven't paid retail or more on a single NB GR, ever. If the 997GY can be had under retail, any NB can IMO. I can only recall paying full retail on collab drops, in 2014, only Luxury Goods 997s and J Crew Indy's

Weekend wears, guess everyone wore their Indy's

Pretty sure I already know the answer but just wanted to double check. I should go with my 997/998/1300 size for 1500's right?

Also, all the independence day shots are making me jelly. Nice stuff everyone!

I was really pissed at the 1300JP2. They still sold out. So expect things to get worse. We as a community should have let those sit on shelves at that price. and lets not kid ourselves, the JP2 was aimed directly at our community, nobody else. shame on NB for that msrp they put on those. But as long as we continue to buy them , expect it to get worse. 

^^ Been saying this for years in regards to other brands....no one listens.....it will get worse.......dont waste the energy trying to tell everyone

^^ Been saying this for years in regards to other brands....no one listens.....it will get worse.......dont waste the energy trying to tell eveiryone
I agree most people these days will buy anything. NB ripped people off on those jp2's. They charged double for a retro shoe box. And the fact they release them every 5 years. Jp2 release was a joke but as long as people eat it up keep selling them slop

Seems like big footers always win on sales. Hardly ever see smaller sizes go on sale with nice models or cws since they sell out first.

You're usually right when it comes to NBs.  However, as a big footer -- sometimes, shops won't even bother getting my size or just one pair in 13 in - so, it either sits or the 1st size to sell out.  Also, pretty much no shot of getting sizes from Asia or even sometimes Europe.

Not sure if this is the consensus, but I ended up grabbing my TTS in a pair of 530s. Is this gonna be ok or should I have gone up at all?

Back
Top Bottom