Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

So.... Can we start a discussion on that 997gy2 toe box yet? 
mean.gif

I'm not a shape guy as much as other but I have to agree. The 997GY2 looks like an outlet special not a retail release for full MSRP. I don't want to say this but I think NB might be getting complacent. I just unDS'd my 990DSA and there is an issue on the right inner toe box as far as the shape. deal breaker no being that I got a good discount om them. But this is a $240 MSRP shoe and is really unacceptable.

Ever go to a store and try some on?  That helps.
That's actually part of why this is frustrating - I have all the big shoe stores around me like Foot Locker, Champs, Finish Line as well as a few smaller chains- Shoe Palace, Shiekh Shoes, etc. But none of them carry the 997, 998 or 1300. They mostly just have the 574. Even the two official New Balance stores here only stock their modern lines of runners... If anyone knows of a better place in Tucson, AZ please do let me know. 

Also, I'm (mostly) new to the extended NB line, what's the big issue with the toe box everyone is mentioning?

That's actually part of why this is frustrating - I have all the big shoe stores around me like Foot Locker, Champs, Finish Line as well as a few smaller chains- Shoe Palace, Shiekh Shoes, etc. But none of them carry the 997, 998 or 1300. They mostly just have the 574. Even the two official New Balance stores here only stock their modern lines of runners... If anyone knows of a better place in Tucson, AZ please do let me know. 

Also, I'm (mostly) new to the extended NB line, what's the big issue with the toe box everyone is mentioning?
ignore it. If you are new to NB then pay it no mind. 

Some people don't like the shape of the toe box on the new NB 997GY2. It looks to bulky/boxy. People like a tailored looking toe box.

Aside from the shape
sick.gif
, aren't those new 997GYs actually closer to the OGs than the last ones were? I seem to remember a lot of people being disappointed with the grey midsole because the OGs were all white. Of course we can't get the 2013 shape with the white midsole 
mean.gif

EDIT: Then again, the OG toe box was actually pretty bulky to be honest..

Last edited:
i like a nice shape just as much as the next guy but i feel like ya'll blowing it out of proportion..  a lot of the new releases have bulky *** toe boxes not only the gy2.. CEL, CCF are some of mine that come to mind.  still looks good on feet though

i like a nice shape just as much as the next guy but i feel like ya'll blowing it out of proportion..  a lot of the new releases have bulky *** toe boxes not only the gy2.. CEL, CCF are some of mine that come to mind.  still looks good on feet though
My CCFs are pretty much perfect but I know what you mean.

The biggest reason I find such an issue is that just LAST YEAR this same shoe was released with an absolutely perfect shape, just different midsole paint... Why can't NB do both? The shape was perfect last year, what has gone awry in 15 months and how?

NB is here to make money. Which is why people
will kop the same shoe multiple times for minor
differences. Suck, but we cant have everything.

Ever go to a store and try some on?  That helps.

Bruh thats not even Arizona, thats like New Mexico. Quit claiming my beautiful state. 

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Still.

Talking.

About.

Sizing...
Never fails, ever!!!

Don't worry about that.  Some people are really sensitive about it.  Others, like me, it is third behind color way and material quality.  

My CELs weren't close to the toe box of the other CEL from the urban outfitters sale that someone posted. I'll post some potato pics after I get off work

Last edited:
Still.
Talking.
About.
Sizing...

Are you new to this thread?

It definitely isn't something new, and these questions will not stop from being asked. So enough with the whining about sizing questions.

As was said above, either help and direct the one asking with a solution, or just keep moving.

Whatever happened to being helpful in this thread? I still see it but wow do I see a lot of people complain about nonsense.

Do we need to create an NT New Balance FB page to get away from stuff like this as has been done with other NT threads?

Walter..

Back
Top Bottom