Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

A few months back, a car I was using got it's window broke into at 6pm while I was traveling. My 997Nav's got swooped along with thousands in photo equipments/laptops. I was super salty from the kicks honestly, cause it can be hard finding my size at a decent price. The first pair I got was an outlet find and paying $200+ after taking such a L with the equipment losses.

Fast forward to this weekend. I made my way back to the Livermore NB Outlet again and stumbled across a solis selection of sizes in the Nav's. Since it was Labor Day they were offering an additional 20% of select items. The 997's themselves had a sticker on them saying they were excluded from additional discounts, but the holiday sale allowed it.  They had a grip of smaller sizes as well that I hardly ever see (5, 51/2,6) and didn't even know got made. Since my girl was with me I decided to put her on NB's with the corny twin set. At $135 a piece before taxes it only made sense to expose her to that 997 greatness. 

If anyone is in the bay area and looking, they have that olive green pair of 997's as well. Good sizes in the Nav's. They also had the mint 996's for the super steal of $99 and possibly $80 before taxes with that extra 20% for Labor day. Give them a call if interested. 

Matching days are over. All about the basics with the shoes speaking for itself.

some peeps are still stuck in that moment that made them feel a certain way... my brother in law thinks big @$s baggy jeans with all white k swiss are still cool :smh:

any body gonna be near that bay area outlet and want to pick up a 997 in navy or olive In a 9.5 for me, I can make it worth the trip

1 for sure. Flamingos... Kinda?

Lol yeah! Okay #1 or these?

Those are so clean but mine are so so :lol:

Great minds... Yours still look clean at least from that pic. I love the look of them, they're just such a sensitive shoe. I find myself watching my steps so much in them to avoid scuffs.

On that note, does anybody have any positive experience with shoe protector sprays? I've used the New Balance suede protector but not sure if it does much, although I haven't noticed any permanent scuffs or marks on my lighter pairs.

I didn't know if Crep, Jason Mark, Luiqproof or any of those worked better, and if anyone has tried any and noticed discoloration over time?

Great minds... Yours still look clean at least from that pic. I love the look of them, they're just such a sensitive shoe. I find myself watching my steps so much in them to avoid scuffs.

On that note, does anybody have any positive experience with shoe protector sprays? I've used the New Balance suede protector but not sure if it does much, although I haven't noticed any permanent scuffs or marks on my lighter pairs.

I didn't know if Crep, Jason Mark, Luiqproof or any of those worked better, and if anyone has tried any and noticed discoloration over time?
Can't speak to the efficacy of the other two, but Liquiproof is legit.  Doesn't change the feel of materials (suede, nubuck, etc.) nor does it discolor it in any way, plus the protection/waterproofing is significant.  You can literally spray the protectant on your shoes, let it dry for the appropriate period (up to 24hrs), then hold said shoe under running water and watch it miraculously bead off.  The advert videos are not hyperbolic by any stretch.  Highly recommend it.   

Last edited:
Can't speak to the efficacy of the other two, but Liquiproof is legit.  Doesn't change the feel of materials (suede, nubuck, etc.) nor does it discolor it in any way, plus the protection/waterproofing is significant.  You can literally spray the protectant on your shoes, let it dry for the appropriate period (up to 24hrs), then hold said shoe under running water and watch it miraculously bead off.  The advert videos are not hyperbolic by any stretch.  Highly recommend it.   

Repped. Thanks for the input. Today's pair

Back
Top Bottom