Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just curious for those that did IDs, whats the average turn around for the NB1s?
I did a pair last Monday and literally received them an hour ago. I am here in Jersey so shipping was really quick. But last time I ordered a pair of NB1's the turnaround time was 4-5 days.

thanks for the input, placed an order on the 30th and status still shows pending..... so ill keep waiting since I'm in CA, it'll probably be another week until it shows up.

thanks for the input, placed an order on the 30th and status still shows pending..... so ill keep waiting since I'm in CA, it'll probably be another week until it shows up.
Mine is suppose to show up on the 10th.  I ordered on the 25th, but you have to figure in thanksgiving. 

Last edited:

exactly that... i ordered on cyber monday too and my pair shipped out just last night.  tracking says it should get to cali next week. 

That's because they prob got mad orders when they ran that 20 percent off so they're prob a bit backed up

I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered both of mine on the first of the month. Status for both still say pending. Called to see what was up and they told me they're dealing with a lot of orders and it may take some time. I was told latest I'd get em would be 17-18th. Hope that helps

No mention in that auction.    The 998BD I mentioned above are seconds.  I've seen lots of seconds in person, not much are wrong with them if at all, or at least not noticeable right away.

I bought the 997DTE's from the seller that is selling the DCS's.  I asked him if he is selling seconds or outlet finds, he said no.  Nothing wrong with seconds, just want to know before hand and bid accordingly. 

To the best of my knowledge outlets are seconds. The only place you can get seconds is an outlet

To the best of my knowledge outlets are seconds. The only place you can get seconds is an outlet
Right on, outlets are all seconds.  However I'm sure it is not the only place to find seconds at.  From what someone told me (I have no reason to believe they're lying).  Some returns are donated to a non-profit group, the group holds sales on weekends for those items.   That is how I got my customs back.  Again, it can be a lie, but have no reason to not believe them. 

Right on, outlets are all seconds.  However I'm sure it is not the only place to find seconds at.  From what someone told me (I have no reason to believe they're lying).  Some returns are donated to a non-profit group, the group holds sales on weekends for those items.   That is how I got my customs back.  Again, it can be a lie, but have no reason to not believe them. 

Strange they probably go to outlets first and if not sold they may donate them. So you bought them from a non-profit group?

Strange they probably go to outlets first and if not sold they may donate them. So you bought them from a non-profit group?
I bought them from an ebay seller that buys them from a non-profit group.  It could be a lie, but I really dont see a reason for her to lie.  Maybe one of our NT member can do some research for us, those near St. Louis/Fenton area.  Because if what she says is correct, surely the non-profit place would sell them much cheaper than the outlets.  It can be a come up for all of us lol.  

Also, she sells a lot of used NB.  So maybe they were returned to the factory and given to the non-profit as well, makes sense because I dont think outlets sell used shoes.  Maybe the place is goodwill or something similar. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...0.Xnew+balance.TRS0&_nkw=new+balance&_sacat=0

I bought them from an ebay seller that buys them from a non-profit group.  It could be a lie, but I really dont see a reason for her to lie.  Maybe one of our NT member can do some research for us, those near St. Louis/Fenton area.  Because if what she says is correct, surely the non-profit place would sell them much cheaper than the outlets.  It can be a come up for all of us lol.  

Also, she sells a lot of used NB.  So maybe they were returned to the factory and given to the non-profit as well, makes sense because I dont think outlets sell used shoes.  Maybe the place is goodwill or something similar. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...0.Xnew+balance.TRS0&_nkw=new+balance&_sacat=0
Defiantly suspect, the non-profits do get shoes from NB but I'm almost positive they don't re sell them. They're generally donated to give away to various New Balance foundation groups. Also when they do give them to the non-profits they come direct from the factory store.

PersonallyI think she's lying to you to avoid saying she got them from a factory store. NewBalance wouldn't really donate a customized shoe or MiUSA lifestyles those have no problem getting sold at outlets. Also seeing she's in Missouri thats were New Balance returns go, I'm sure they're outlet sees a fair share of NB1s

Bottom line the shoes are all defiantly seconds whether she does get them from a non-profit or gets them from a factory store.

Last edited:
I'm not saying what this person sells aren't seconds.  Just saying seconds may wind up into other places without heading to an outlet first, such as a non-profit.  If she gets them from the non-profits in a shady manner, thats a whole another story. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=alolly355nn&hash=item1ea7661345%3Ag%3ARgAAAOSwFGNWRoLd&item=131657503557&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xnew+balance.TRS0&_nkw=new+balance&_sacat=0

Im in St. Louis :nerd:

Defiantly suspect, the non-profits do get shoes from NB but I'm almost positive they don't re sell them. They're generally donated to give away to various New Balance foundation groups. Also when they do give them to the non-profits they come direct from the factory store.

PersonallyI think she's lying to you to avoid saying she got them from a factory store. NewBalance wouldn't really donate a customized shoe or MiUSA lifestyles those have no problem getting sold at outlets. Also seeing she's in Missouri thats were New Balance returns go, I'm sure they're outlet sees a fair share of NB1s

Bottom line the shoes are all defiantly seconds whether she does get them from a non-profit or gets them from a factory store.

I'm not saying what this person sells aren't seconds.  Just saying seconds may wind up into other places without heading to an outlet first, such as a non-profit.  If she gets them from the non-profits in a shady manner, thats a whole another story. 
Seconds def don't get handed out to "non-profits" directly and NB certainly doesn't give away classics and made in USA's to donation groups before they try to sell them. Any return or batch of seconds will end up in a processing warehouse where they will either route them to outlets or in some cases sell them to Joe's. Every NB Factory Store has a spot where they put old beat up shoes that somebody wanted to exchange or tried to claim a defect even though they wore them out for a year, they will also toss actual defected pairs from that store in this bin too. These are the shoes that would be given to the non-profits that you are talking about, usually whatever local group that they are familair with in their area will come pick these up time from time. I can promise you that although NB is one of the best in terms of helping/giving they without a doubt will try to make a profit off any "second" before giving up on the shoes that they have invested money in. I know this because I used to work for a Factory Store and know firsthand which kind of shoes are donated, they are not anything you would find on Ebay let alone a classic made in USA model lol. 

Such a great colorway, and that shape
smokin.gif

Do you reshape your pairs?
Yeah I reshape pairs frequently, sometimes with an iron sometimes just with my hands, but these are almost exactly how they looked out of the box, maybe only a quick shoe tree/hand massage, I actually don't remember. I know CCF had a lot of inconsistencies, but I got lucky with this pair. I've also worn these quite a bit so they've smoothed out a little extra

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom