Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

no, they didn't. besides the tongue what's wrong with it?

that's what i'm thinking.  unless there are really good fakes out there

thanks for those pics.  your tongues look short like mine?
They looked good to me just bad QC on the tongues. Mistakes happen. 

Around $230 shipped. A little on the high side of what I was aiming for, but been on that hunt for too long lol

Around $230 shipped. A little on the high side of what I was aiming for, but been on that hunt for too long lol

Great pickup. I don't think you overpaid at all 998BBs are not too easy to come by DS depending on your size for anything cheaper.

The other pair is pretty sick too. Definitely need a pair of those. I've had some luck at the factory store lately though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they end up there eventually.

FML can some1 tell me which pic is more accurate?
kith

bait

@Nermindee  never trust the kith filter.

On the other hand Bait's stock photos are pretty much one of the worst (honest?) representations of shoes you can find (JCrew comes close), so if you're okay with the Bait photo it'll very likely be better in hand.

ohwussup ohwussup I took a second look at the pics on a comp and I was trippin regarding the comments. I ain't no expert, the way the tongue was cut/material were probably qc.

I'm curious which model they'll go with. It would be great to see a 997 or 998 but it could easily be a 580 or something, which I've found to be very hit or miss with collabs
997.5 go back a page for the pics
isnt that for the United Arrows collab? I wonder if NB has the final say on what models that they are allowed to use or if its a mutual agreement. So many collabs are supposed to feature the 997.5 it seems unlikely that every single one would choose that model. 

Picked these up today. Deal was too good.
Random question but did you notice the slight shiit smell right out of the box? Not sure why maybe its the new Horween leather but the 2040's have this questionable manure smell to them brand new lol no joke. At first I just thought it was the one pair but after the 3rd and 4th which were even different colors it def gives off a certain "scent". I assume it wears off after wear but you should see a customers face when his $350 shoes finally arrive and they smell like someone just wiped their *** with them. 

Picked these up today. Deal was too good.

Random question but did you notice the slight shiit smell right out of the box? Not sure why maybe its the new Horween leather but the 2040's have this questionable manure smell to them brand new lol no joke. At first I just thought it was the one pair but after the 3rd and 4th which were even different colors it def gives off a certain "scent". I assume it wears off after wear but you should see a customers face when his $350 shoes finally arrive and they smell like someone just wiped their *** with them. 
Haha yeah I noticed. Found them for $90 and decided I could deal at that price.

I'd say the bait. Typically kith overfilters every photo and ultimately you can tell bait's using natural lighting. 

@Nermindee
 never trust the kith filter.
On the other hand Bait's stock photos are pretty much one of the worst (honest?) representations of shoes you can find (JCrew comes close), so if you're okay with the Bait photo it'll very likely be better in hand.

thanks fellas, I guess I'll drive over to bait and see them for myself

Back
Top Bottom