Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

It is a bit early in it's roll-out to be discounted in my opinion. I consider the DSAI a late Q1....almost Q2 release within the Explore by the Sea series. Juxtaposed to the 998 shoe 998CSEF (also in the in the Explore by the Sea series) has still yet to reflect a discounted price since it released early Q1 via online retailers. I'm expecting the 998 csef to drop summer and your DSAI's to become in the discount range in the fall. Just be patient, you WILL get your GR's at a great price. 

All pretty logical / reasonable. However I bought the CSEF on heavy discount already. I'm not sure if it's just an exception, but Renarts have seemingly had them on permanent sale for the last two months

Was it the one on Boylston st? Also, did it have the red midsole stripe? Def grab on sale or at the outlet. Although these aren't showing up everywhere like some GRs. Also, anyone else seen any spots with GYs? That's one pair I'll drop full retail for if I can find em

They just dropped so it will take a litttle time before it hits all retailers which shouldn't be later than the 1st of the month

Yea the red stripe makes a major difference. Hopefully I can find a 13. And it's defiantly not a GR. I've been wanting a clean, retro runner in navy/white CW and this is it..I can only locate them at rock city kicks though..

99%sure it's a GR that just hasn't reached every store yet. Unless someone at NB told you it's not a GR your usual places will get them. In the NBboston iG post its pictured with the all white 998 so they're probably part of a pack of some sorts. Also NB Boston doesn't really get exclusives they didn't even get the 997 bespoke so like I said earlier just be patient and it will pop up at your normal places

Last edited:
Unds the jcrew 997 today and the quality of the suede is superior than the 2013 nb 997gy to me which I also own. Very happy with this purchase :D

but Renarts have seemingly had them on permanent sale for the last two months
Renarts has been all over the place with their pricing imho, they're always fluctuating. I've actually been eyeing out renarts when the CSEF first dropped at $124 (late Jan with only 10.5 & 11.5 sizes available). Then all of a sudden the price jumped to $148 after a week. Then sometime late Feb, the price dropped to $117 and a FSR of the scef somehow appeared as well. The Renart's SCEF deal caught wind of this forum, reddit, and a couple of 'sneaker deal' websites. I missed my size when scef went for 117 on renarts (tho I copped my size through blends), I'm most salty about missing that deal, lol. 

For me items aren't truly on discount until price drops are reflected on multiple retailers such as EndClothing, SNS, Hanon, etc. Worldwide retailers seem to be on a slightly different/ later time schedule when it comes to rolling out GR's (especially made in America goods). 

Someone who posts on this thread copped ebay DSAI's for about $160. It's totally deals, but they came back with pictures of discovered imperfections like pin-like holes in the outsoles and other weird issues. 

Last edited:
Anyone seen the 997DSAI yet on discount? Chomping at the bit but realise it's probably a little soon.

Not sure what size you need but check ebay, there are pairs as low as $159 shipped, not sure how low you are hoping for.
I am going to pick up a pair myself, I think prices will drop another $30 to $40 though so I'm holding out :smile:

Last edited:

Pairs are drying up a bit, might as well jump on the size 9 ThreeGees is selling, and toss on an extra insole.
ill have to check with him on that thanks Rambo! 

on another note, did anyone see the 998Midnight Moon's on jcrew? first time I saw it. pretty...plain? 

Back
Top Bottom