Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

indeed a lick for someone. he even has nice little 997 collection fs too.

Between that group of kicks and the 998s for around $1k shipped that is a great way to start a NB collection, expand one or just flip. Between the premiers, pebble blues and hilltops you can probably easily make $400-500 and still have over 15 pairs of kicks left. Wish i had extra cash or i would do that investment.

So I FINALLY have my New York 997s in hand...

Disappointed.

Suede on perfed toe area is a really fuzzy compared to right shoe, and you will see the person who made my shoes did not punch in holes in the right shoe.

Also did not receive my cncpts cap which I ordered. Just the shoes. Bummed to say the least.

If anybody wants these at retail will ship them out from India. Definitely need my refund or a coupon from concepts on this no cap coming ish.

SMH

Last edited:
Between that group of kicks and the 998s for around $1k shipped that is a great way to start a NB collection, expand one or just flip. Between the premiers, pebble blues and hilltops you can probably easily make $400-500 and still have over 15 pairs of kicks left. Wish i had extra cash or i would do that investment.

Man I wish size 8 had new navy's and pebble blues legit haven't seen those in years. As for the tannerys I don't think I could spend more than $600. Literally the first pair I've seen in my size in 3 years and I'm not paying 1k

So I FINALLY have my New York 997s in hand...

Disappointed.

Suede on perfed toe area is a really fuzzy compared to right shoe, and you will see the person who made my shoes did not punch in holes in the right shoe.

Also did not receive my cncpts cap which I ordered. Just the shoes. Bummed to say the least.

If anybody wants these at retail will ship them out from India. Definitely need my refund or a coupon from concepts on this no cap coming ish.

SMH
Had a similar problem with the lace holes... if you want to keep them, you could always go to a shoe repair shop and have them punch it through. I thought the QC was a bummer, too, but I still love the shoes.

I really isn't that difficult to fix yourself...
Actually it can be pretty tricky if you want to do it as cleanly as possible. If you look at the pictures he posted there are no lace holes at all. I've had similar issues with several pairs now regarding lace holes. Some of them were super easy fixes that just needed a poke with a needle and some of them were not and I actually ended up ruining the shoe. Best bet is to let a professional do it, in my opinion.

Actually it can be pretty tricky if you want to do it as cleanly as possible. If you look at the pictures he posted there are no lace holes at all. I've had similar issues with several pairs now regarding lace holes. Some of them were super easy fixes that just needed a poke with a needle and some of them were not and I actually ended up ruining the shoe. Best bet is to let a professional do it, in my opinion.
Yea man had the same issue, did it myself but it's all up to the owner.

That's not the point though. The guy ordered a $200+ shoe and received something that shouldn't have even made it to the shelves of their factory store. It's an absolute joke. When you spend that much money you shouldn't have to finish the job of the manufacturer.

Every single company has slip ups like that we don't live in a utopia. If taking two minutes to poke a hole through is a problem then write a letter because I've had problems with every single company and have either returned the product or written a formal complaint. So if it bothers you enough take the time to complain to the COMPANY that made it and not on a thread. So many people in this thread wine about QC issues but a very small percent actually takes it up with NB. I guarantee if you called or emailed someone they would take care of you. New balance has great customer service, much better than asics or Nike.

Last edited:
Every single company has slip ups like that we don't live in a utopia. If taking two minutes to poke a hole through is a problem then write a letter because I've had problems with every single company and have either returned the product or written a formal complaint. So if it bothers you enough take the time to complain to the COMPANY that made it and not on a thread. So many people in this thread wine about QC issues but a very small percent actually takes it up with NB. I guarantee if you called or emailed someone they would take care of you. New balance has great customer service, much better than asics or Nike.
Not sure what the hostility is about... the purpose of this thread is to help each other and to talk all things NB, both the negative and the positive. Quality control is a huge issue, especially if you're paying $200+ from a company as reputable as NB. I think everyone's got a right to voice their opinions, both good and bad. Chill with the tone.

Not sure what the hostility is about... the purpose of this thread is to help each other and to talk all things NB, both the negative and the positive. Quality control is a huge issue, especially if you're paying $200+ from a company as reputable as NB. I think everyone's got a right to voice their opinions, both good and bad. Chill with the tone.

Yes quality is an issue, I mean in my eyes it's just common sense if you are not pleased with a product that you pay a lot for, you contact the company. If receiving spoiled product is a problem and you don't know how to deal or are unwilling to you should probably shouldn't collect kicks APLUS APLUS . Not hostility it's the truth because at the end of the day posting your problem with QC on a thread won't fix the problem.

Yes quality is an issue, I mean in my eyes it's just common sense if you are not pleased with a product that you pay a lot for, you contact the company. If receiving spoiled product is a problem and you don't know how to deal or are unwilling to you should probably shouldn't collect kicks APLUS APLUS . Not hostility it's the truth because at the end of the day posting your problem with QC on a thread won't fix the problem.

You take NB criticism far too personal and you're without a doubt the most confrontational person in this thread. I haven't received a pair of NB's without finished lace holes but I've seen it posted far too often. It's not a matter of not knowing how to "deal with an issue" but rather not expecting these issues with a premium made in USA product. NB's prices have been rising while quality has steadily declined.

Post a picture of you working from the factory floor or stop getting so butthurt.

Last edited:
You take NB criticism far too personal and you're without a doubt the most confrontational person in this thread. I haven't received a pair of NB's without finished lace holes but I've seen it posted far too often. It's not a matter of not knowing how to "deal with an issue" but rather not expecting these issues with a premium made in USA product. NB's prices have been rising while quality has steadily declined.

Post a picture of you working from the factory floor or stop getting so butthurt.
thats just uncalled for.  yes quality issues are an issue but no need to attack someone over it.  nobody needs to work on the factory floor to point out flaws.

we all buy these shoes.

sometimes we see flaws, sometimes we dont. 

thats the manufacturing process.  

some shoes have flaws, some don't.

I've called, I've emailed.  They haven't taken care of me.  For several NB1s that I thought was faulty I had to pay out of my own pocket to return the shoe ~$17 or I'd be stuck with it.  Sht like the N is peeling cause it wasn't glued down properly, wrinkly toeboxes, ugly fat toe boxes, precreased toe boxes.  Done already for a while until I see something I really like.

Back
Top Bottom