Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

@winstonandy
nthat.gif
 Once NB1 drops a premium option it's O.V. 

Bump the J. Crew's, Bump the Tassie's, Bump any GR this summer, It's all about the NB1's! 
smokin.gif

I'm with you bro, I'm addicted.

These were just delivered.

winstonandy  Now, those are hot.  Making me want to go make a pair right meow 
happy.gif

Thanks @sneakerstalker !

The box is a letdown. It should have been a sturdy square box similar to a Concepts box. The outside should have been styled to look like a piece of the lunar module, while the interior should have been  dark black, to represent outer space. You could then use the silver foil as the wrapper for the shoes. The shoes would pop in a dark box. Throw in the ice cream and call it a day.

Also the inserts for the shoes should look like the surface of the moon with crators! They are just plain. Small point but could have been a nice touch.

However, they are dope overall in terms of a release. They grew a lot on me as the day passed into night. They are understated yet also quite loud from across the room with dark denim bluejeans. The dark navy mesh is fantastic. The color is it's own unique white and it looks a little different as the light changes throughout the day. The lighter color of the leather, however, will reveal any flaws, scuffs, marks or dirt during the bright  light of day. After sundown the shoes really look good. The color blocking will work for any season, even winter if you can keep them clean. Yes Han Solo could have rocked these on iceplanet Hoth.

I also have the Concepts 8Balls to compare the color and leather too. The NB's are really, really nice and a different color.

They fit like any other 997. 

Although while  I do admit they look a little old man on JCrews website, I can assure you for the discerning gentleman, they are indeed the white fire!

The box is a letdown. It should have been a sturdy square box similar to a Concepts box. The outside should have been styled to look like a piece of the lunar module, while the interior should have been  dark black, to represent outer space. You could then use the silver foil as the wrapper for the shoes. The shoes would pop in a dark box. Throw in the ice cream and call it a day.

Also the inserts for the shoes should look like the surface of the moon with crators! They are just plain. Small point but could have been a nice touch.

However, they are dope overall in terms of a release. They grew a lot on me as the day passed into night. They are understated yet also quite loud from across the room with dark denim bluejeans. The dark navy mesh is fantastic. The color is it's own unique white and it looks a little different as the light changes throughout the day. The lighter color of light of day. After sundown the shoes really look good. The color blocking will or af season, even winter if you can keep them clean. Yes Han Solo could have rocked these on iceplanet Hoth.

I also have the Concepts 8Balls to compare the color and leather too. The NB's are really, really nice and a different color.

Although while  I do admit they look a little old man on JCrews website, I can assure you for the discerning gentleman, they are indeed the white fire!
Maybe on deep discount but not at $210

Last edited:

However, they are dope overall in terms of a release. They grew a lot on me as the day passed into night. They are understated yet also quite loud from across the room with dark denim bluejeans. The dark navy mesh is fantastic. The color is it's own unique white and it looks a little different as the light changes throughout the day. The lighter color of the leather, however, will reveal any flaws, scuffs, marks or dirt during the bright  light of day. After sundown the shoes really look good. The color blocking will work for any season, even winter if you can keep them clean. Yes Han Solo could have rocked these on iceplanet Hoth.

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Yes sir.   Dusty blossom, mulled wine, wine, front to back

thank you sir, looks like i'll be making a pair with a wine toe in the near future.

the j crews were calling me when i first saw them, but idk. feels like the butterscotch for me all over again, just cant pull the trigger.

The color is it's own unique white and it looks a little different as the light changes throughout the day. . The color blocking will work for any season, even winter 
jcrew is good at that. the dark military's look grey indoors and olive in the sunlight. a lot of regular gr's are seasonal- they only really work in spring/summer or fall/winter. that's why gy's and nv's are so great they're 365 wearable

Woah...proabably going to grab these

1500TN

If anyone sees these in a US 9 anywhere please let me know

Thought my size was on hanon but I was wrong

Last edited:

Woah...proabably going to grab these

1500TN

If anyone sees these in a US 9 anywhere please let me know

Thought my size was on hanon but I was wrong
oh wow those look amazing!

i'd cop too but i've got already got the horween 998s so i'm hesitating..

How is the quality of Horween NB sneakers in general? I'm keen on copping a pair of Horween 1300. Thanks. :nerd:

I've seen the 998s in person, quality is great just bulkier than normal because of the leather. On another note looks like a lot of RL 997.5 are on the way.

Last edited:
How is the quality of Horween NB sneakers in general? I'm keen on copping a pair of Horween 1300. Thanks.
nerd.gif
never had the 1300s, but i've owned the 997 and 998s and the quality is fantastic.

not worth full retail, but if you can find them on the low i'd highly recommend them.

Do you already size down for your 997/998s?
From what? I honestly haven't worn anything except NBs in years. For an example for J's (when I did wear them) I was 8/8.5 and for NB and Asics I'm a 7.5/8. I've personally been more comfortable in a 7.5 for 576/670/996 and 8 in 997/998/1500/577

never had the 1300s, but i've owned the 997 and 998s and the quality is fantastic.
not worth full retail, but if you can find them on the low i'd highly recommend them.

I've seen the 998s in person, quality is great just bulkier than normal because of the leather. On another note looks like a lot of RL 997.5 are on the way.

I appreciate the responses, guys. Just need to wait for a better price. That full retail price :x

From what? I honestly haven't worn anything except NBs in years. For an example for J's (when I did wear them) I was 8/8.5 and for NB and Asics I'm a 7.5/8. I've personally been more comfortable in a 7.5 for 576/670/996 and 8 in 997/998/1500/577
Ah ok tough to figure out then. My true size is a 9.5 but I always go .5 down to 9 for 998/997/577. 

Back
Top Bottom