Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Nb1 for OCF

Originally Posted by getitaway  

Can't stop wearing these.
Nice! The 247 model is really comfortable for me. Olive is a nice colorway, but I'm waiting for an all white pair to drop for Mens. Did your Tokyo Rats ever come in from Nice Kicks?

Nice! The 247 model is really comfortable for me. Olive is a nice colorway, but I'm waiting for an all white pair to drop for Mens. Did your Tokyo Rats ever come in from Nice Kicks?​
Nope. My order is still unfulfilled. I filed a dispute with my credit card company already. That would have just been my backup pair for when I inevitably trash my original pair this summer, so I'm not too bummed about it. 

joe louis 577's are actually asian made 577's, so the shape is ehhh. materials are nice though. still not as good as a general release UK 577

Do you have this pair? I'm curious because I'm trying to get a sizing reference. I went to my local New Balance store and they only have 574s....nothing else to really try on. They guy there said 998s and 577s will for about the same as 574s. I have no idea otherwise.

Guys, I'm so late to some of this stuff. Should be come around to NB a while ago. I just saw the "Joe Louis" 577s....my goodness
Those are so dope. I also have never seen them before until you just mentioned them. There were a lot of good 577's in the 2000's. Check out the SNS 577 collabs. 

Last edited:
New Balance Horween 997BKR Pewter available for $192 with code EXTRA20 (originally $340)

http://cncpts.com/collections/special-promotions/products/new-balance-m997bkr-grey-white

New Balance Horween 990BTA2 Burgundy available for $272 with code EXTRA20 (originally $340)

http://cncpts.com/products/new-balance-m990bta2-burgundy-red

Repped. So bummed I missed my 11.5, been waiting for this price too. Guess I'll have to wait until they drop at outlets for $150 :wink:

Do you have this pair? I'm curious because I'm trying to get a sizing reference. I went to my local New Balance store and they only have 574s....nothing else to really try on. They guy there said 998s and 577s will for about the same as 574s. I have no idea otherwise.

The Joe Louis joints are huge *** shoes. I tried them on in store and fit in an 11 comfortably. I am an 11.5 in 998, FYI. My "TTS" is a 12. Basically, go half down from your 998 size.

Also, all asian made 577s released that year (thinking specifically collabs) all fit the same. The Bodega hyprcats were likewise huge and I had to get an 11. Same with the Ronnie Fieg Americanas.

Gosh the stories, concepts and materials on all 3 of those collabs were solid. But all of them had that nasty shape lol. Would have been dope if the shape was better and they were UK made. Solid nonetheless.

Tried Mita 247. Real nice shoe and comfy just don't like the way they look on me. Gave them to my boy. Btw I found the a tad long so def wouldn't say they run small at all

The Joe Louis joints are huge *** shoes. I tried them on in store and fit in an 11 comfortably. I am an 11.5 in 998, FYI. My "TTS" is a 12. Basically, go half down from your 998 size.

Also, all asian made 577s released that year (thinking specifically collabs) all fit the same. The Bodega hyprcats were likewise huge and I had to get an 11. Same with the Ronnie Fieg Americanas.

Gosh the stories, concepts and materials on all 3 of those collabs were solid. But all of them had that nasty shape lol. Would have been dope if the shape was better and they were UK made. Solid nonetheless.

That's a lot of info.....good, thanks. Repped. It's hard to say because when I went to the New Balance store to get my foot measured and I'm between a 10.5 and an 11, and I have kinda wide foot. The one guy said my foot looked like it was spilling over a bit, so I should order a wider size if possible. I haven't been able to try on a 998 to know my sizing. I usually get 11s in almost everything and I am good. I tried on an 11.5 in Asics GL5 and it was a tad long, but I wasn't really hanging over the side. I was thinking I would get an 11.5 in the 998s and if I need to throw in a thicker insole I'd be ok. That's all why I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on a certain size or customize a pair.

I did find a size 11 of the "Joe Louis" on GOAT and from what it sounds like they should fit me more than fine.

That's a lot of info.....good, thanks. Repped. It's hard to say because when I went to the New Balance store to get my foot measured and I'm between a 10.5 and an 11, and I have kinda wide foot. The one guy said my foot looked like it was spilling over a bit, so I should order a wider size if possible. I haven't been able to try on a 998 to know my sizing. I usually get 11s in almost everything and I am good. I tried on an 11.5 in Asics GL5 and it was a tad long, but I wasn't really hanging over the side. I was thinking I would get an 11.5 in the 998s and if I need to throw in a thicker insole I'd be ok. That's all why I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on a certain size or customize a pair.

I did find a size 11 of the "Joe Louis" on GOAT and from what it sounds like they should fit me more than fine.

Trust me, my dude. I have fat, wide feet and I still needed to size down. I am a 12 in GLV and had to go a whole size down to an 11 to fit the 577s. For whatever reason they are huge and big shoes are not comfy. I experienced major slippage with my hyprcat 577s in an 11.5.

Trust me, my dude. I have fat, wide feet and I still needed to size down. I am a 12 in GLV and had to go a whole size down to an 11 to fit the 577s. For whatever reason they are huge and big shoes are not comfy. I experienced major slippage with my hyprcat 577s in an 11.5.

Thanks again, man. I will do a little more searching. So, you even go down a half size in 998s? That would mean of I was considering an 11.5 they would be WAY too big

Thanks again, man. I will do a little more searching. So, you even go down a half size in 998s? That would mean of I was considering an 11.5 they would be WAY too big

Yes. For reference, most people go TTS with the 997 because its a bit more narrow in the toe box and has a slimmer shape overall. In contrast, people tend to go down half a size for the 998 because it runs wider in the toe box. I am a 12 in most other brands, esp. Nike, JB, Asics but with the 998 an 11.5 fits perfectly. My first pair of 998s were a size 12 and I never made that mistake again.

Finally got my hands on these. I saw my size pop back up on J. Crew and the employee discount was actually working with them so I had to pull the trigger at $126. Very nice in person. Bonus doggo yawning

Yes. For reference, most people go TTS with the 997 because its a bit more narrow in the toe box and has a slimmer shape overall. In contrast, people tend to go down half a size for the 998 because it runs wider in the toe box. I am a 12 in most other brands, esp. Nike, JB, Asics but with the 998 an 11.5 fits perfectly. My first pair of 998s were a size 12 and I never made that mistake again.

Ok....Thanks so much. Reps to ya. I will go for a 10.5 on the 998s then.....which would mean there is a pair of Horween 998s on Concepts that I could get for 20% off then. Oh man! I'm getting excited lol

You can try nb1.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing some "Salmon Toe" 998s. I was just referencing the Horweens because they come down to like 160 before shipping. Plus, I have a weakness for leather.

If someone was to do salmon toes is it Dusty Blossom or Shell Pink and is it the navy or Fin blue.....I'm asking, uhhmm, for a friend.

Fin blue and shell pink are more saturated versions of blue and pink, while the navy and dusty are more muted and towards the pastel shades. Depends what you prefer i guess

thanks for the heads up with concepts, bought the last of my size of the 997bkr..if the price drops more in the future i'll use discover price protection

Fin blue and shell pink are more saturated versions of blue and pink, while the navy and dusty are more muted and towards the pastel shades. Depends what you prefer i guess

Repped....ever since I saw the Gel Lytes and custom 574s out there, I can't seem to shake the thought of them.

Thanks. Repped buddy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom