Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Perf Toe NB1​

EFF 1910 Seattle Giants Vintage Ballcap​

Last edited:
Came home from work to find Cortados and Butterscotches waiting for me. 

In doing some research I saw a YouTuber post a video review (I feel like it's one of you homies in here) of the Cortados and he was a smaller size (like 7 or 7.5) and the shape was great and didn't have that bulky plastic insert in the front. On my pair, though, the toe box is still super bulky. I'm guessing that larger sizes the issue with shape is more pronounced? 

Either way, I like the shoe a lot and this pair is so much cleaner than the previous one I got (suede is flawless on it). I'm leaning towards keeping them because I know they'll look fine on feet. 

Now, these Butterscotches on the other hand are amazing. I'm kicking myself right now for having waited so long to pick up a pair. I know i'm late but I'm really glad I got a pair for a little under retail shipped. The shoes are stunning in hand and easily in my top 5 pairs that I own!!

Came home from work to find Cortados and Butterscotches waiting for me. 

In doing some research I saw a YouTuber post a video review (I feel like it's one of you homies in here) of the Cortados and he was a smaller size (like 7 or 7.5) and the shape was great and didn't have that bulky plastic insert in the front. On my pair, though, the toe box is still super bulky. I'm guessing that larger sizes the issue with shape is more pronounced? 

Either way, I like the shoe a lot and this pair is so much cleaner than the previous one I got (suede is flawless on it). I'm leaning towards keeping them because I know they'll look fine on feet. 

Now, these Butterscotches on the other hand are amazing. I'm kicking myself right now for having waited so long to pick up a pair. I know i'm late but I'm really glad I got a pair for a little under retail shipped. The shoes are stunning in hand and easily in my top 5 pairs that I own!!
  Saw the Cortados in store today in a smaller size (8 on display?) and the shape was great...then they brought out my 11.5 and it was so bulbous, like your experience. Strangely, it was only one one of the shoes.  Clean design but didn't pick them up.  I didn't want to settle for something I kind of wanted but wasn't happy with the QC. 

Nice pickup on the butterscotches.  Love mine and one of my favorites from last year.

Saw the Cortados in store today in a smaller size (8 on display?) and the shape was great...then they brought out my 11.5 and it was so bulbous, like your experience. Strangely, it was only one one of the shoes.  Clean design but didn't pick them up.  I didn't want to settle for something I kind of wanted but wasn't happy with the QC. 

Nice pickup on the butterscotches.  Love mine and one of my favorites from last year.
Yeah, not sure what's up. I didn't think the Cortados were that bad until I got the butterscotches in hand. Pretty crazy the disparity when it comes to quality, shape and craftsmanship. 

More and more I am starting to regret passing on a lot of the GR's that released when the 997 first reissued. I remember complaining about how many were hitting the market all at once and not being able to keep up. Now I find myself regretting passing on a lot of those releases and not copping them on discount when I had the chance. 

If anyone's got some older GR's in an 11.5 that they've never worn shoot me a PM :wink:

Anyone know about these?
Part of the Coumarin pack, they're available everywhere right now. There's an accompanying 998. They were posted about a few pages back. The two shoes are part of NB's baseball pack that also has the two other 997s from the Home Plate Pack.

Jaysis 20% is tempting..

Considering i'd likely never own the original, should I?

Also while making that I realised that I can't seem to think of any 998 that has a gum sole.

Part of the Coumarin pack, they're available everywhere right now. There's an accompanying 998. They were posted about a few pages back. The two shoes are part of NB's baseball pack that also has the two other 997s from the Home Plate Pack.
thx appreciate the info

Back
Top Bottom