Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

My NB1 998 Perf Toe Collection.​

That flamingo colorway is fire!  Just wish they didn't incorporate canvas on the toebox--I absolutely HATE the way it never looks smooth on foot.  

That flamingo colorway is fire!  Just wish they didn't incorporate canvas on the toebox--I absolutely HATE the way it never looks smooth on foot.  
​Agree on the canvas.....wouldn't it be better with mesh as the colorway is definitely summer-ish

Would've jumped on those flamingos had they used mesh. The toebox absolutely kills it for me.

Grabbed these red Terry Cloths for $30 (after coupon/store credit).  Local has these, the Navy and the Grey joints for $50 out the door.  Couldn't resist.  Surprisingly luxe for a 574.  

terry clothe on the tongue is a nice touch and a crippling downside(dirt magnet), but for 30?!?1?!? yea i'd pull that trigger.

​
A very dark green. You can tell from my shot if you zoom in on the picture on a computer.... I used Deep Grove for the heel on sneaker in the exact middle and New Navy on the heel for the one underneath it with the Hi-Lite soles.​
Originally Posted by VidiViciUn  ​
My NB1 998 Perf Toe Collection.​

Last edited:
A very dark green. You can tell from my shot if you zoom in on the picture on a computer.... I used Deep Grove for the heel on sneaker in the exact middle and New Navy on the heel for the one underneath it with the Hi-Lite soles.​

Cool that's what I thought
Btw your collection is looking A+
I think I need to do autobahn nights before they change the wheel
And maybe an all over orange pair since that color looks incredible

I wonder what the inspiration behind the collab is? I like the croc-embossed leather on the back and the strip on the front. I am gonna have to wait to see more pics of the shoe for sure before I make a decision. 

I'm also surprised that they gave Stance a 997 collab. They've only allowed Concepts and J. Crew to collab on the miUSA 997 so far so this is a pretty big deal. I can think of a number of other brands/boutiques that I would rather see try their hands on a 997. 

Old RRS pairs were the best 998 shape in the past 5+ years IMO. No toe puff, thin midsole and slim toe wrap. The "Bring Back Pack" pairs suffered the same recent hulk toewrap and chunky midsole. NB USA really needs to take a good look at Flimby and clean up their processes. 1500's are a perfect example of getting things right.
exactly, mine were the bringback's btw. they are looking much better now. such a process to do each pair of 998's. wish i had time to reshape every pair i own. 

Back
Top Bottom