Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Also, I'm going to the New Balance Global Flagship tomorrow. I'll take a picture of the swatches that they have for those whom it might be helpful to. I hope I remember, anyway, lol.
My man! That would be great if you could!

Also, I'm going to the New Balance Global Flagship tomorrow. I'll take a picture of the swatches that they have for those whom it might be helpful to. I hope I remember, anyway, lol.

This will make or break my excitement for the NB1s I ordered lol

The NB1 program has made 998s more ubiquitous and accessible, but I don't see that as a bad thing. NB1s are the new GR to me. While it has diminished the desire to cop most recent GRs NB puts out, when something interesting comes along like an all nubuck 998 (DPHO) or a horween, i'd still cop.

Also, if anything, the NB1 should challenge collabs on the 998 to be even more creative and unique. Take the PRMR 998 or the C-notes. With their small details, i don't think we'd ever be able to recreate those cws perfectly on NB1, and if they were to drop now we'd still be hyped and excited for it.

V vidiviciun haha dude those have been in my cart for the longest time! just waiting for a code to push me over the edge

mykoh mykoh yeah homie! If I make a pair from this current wheel it will be your joints (such a beautiful color combo). I'm either going to grab your NB1 creation or grab the M991FA's. :nthat:

The NB1 program has made 998s more ubiquitous and accessible, but I don't see that as a bad thing. NB1s are the new GR to me. While it has diminished the desire to cop most recent GRs NB puts out, when something interesting comes along like an all nubuck 998 (DPHO) or a horween, i'd still cop.

Also, if anything, the NB1 should challenge collabs on the 998 to be even more creative and unique. Take the PRMR 998 or the C-notes. With their small details, i don't think we'd ever be able to recreate those cws perfectly on NB1, and if they were to drop now we'd still be hyped and excited for it.

V vidiviciun haha dude those have been in my cart for the longest time! just waiting for a code to push me over the edge

That's the problem, all the collabs have been just NB1 with no discerning differences to make you lust for them

That's the problem, all the collabs have been just NB1 with no discerning differences to make you lust for them

Agreed. And that's the fault of the stores/designers, not NB1 exactly.
Or perhaps NB just doesn't give them the creative freedom to design a 998 outside the parameters of the NB1 program.

20170817_230055.jpg
Pair from team derwent. Real nice work.

Anyone

No issues? Derwent seemed to mess up a few pairs out there

I looked through my pairs and didn't spot any defects. No missing lace holes, poor material etc. Probably i got the better pairs out from their team.

Nice
Seems like everyone on here got solid pairs

My initial plan was to try the size since it is my first 1500. Had some width problem thus it was just for fitting. After getting it on hand, i decided to keep it instead of returning and wait for disc to hit. Don't want to miss it in the end. And it got a nice leather smell. :rofl:

998 qc are terrible nowdays (997 also happen) ..... i only grab grb tny ....rf (bad shape)
998's shape totally change .....good qc don't need reshape ..
m860rs today

394924_151238998359786_48130785_n.jpg
These are :nthat:
I saw some 860s on the bay or klekt the other day and shape looked so good
How do they fit?

@remy it depend on tongue . 860rs are thick tongue
( flat tongue ) half size down on 997 size...
( thick tongue ) same as your 997.....

200w-1.gif

My oh my! Those are quite nice.
remy remy jamesandstl jamesandstl Dark Cyan toe wrap and embroidery. In combo with Black and Nimbus cloud. Took them in direct sunlight.

998z.png
NB1817c.jpg
NB1817a.jpg
NB1817b.jpg

These are greats pictures! Nice job. That's a super clean pair

It's a tad darker than I thought, but let's hope it all looks close to right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom