Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Does your denim bleed on them at all?

Tip for you guys with dark jeans. When you buy a new pair turn them inside out and soak them in a tub or bucket with 1 cup of white vinegar. Let them sit for at least an hour and up to a few. Take them out and rinse by hand or put them in a washing machine alone and with no soap to get the vinegar smell out.

This process helps seal in the dye and prevents it from getting on your clothes or furniture.

Tip for you guys with dark jeans. When you buy a new pair turn them inside out and soak them in a tub or bucket with 1 cup of white vinegar. Let them sit for at least an hour and up to a few. Take them out and rinse by hand or put them in a washing machine alone and with no soap to get the vinegar smell out.

This process helps seal in the dye and prevents it from getting on your clothes or furniture.

I’ve heard the same about soaking them in a solution of warm water and oxiclean, but haven’t tried either method.

Do they still fade the same or does it take longer since they dye is now sealed in?

I just got my mita's. They are really nice, I'm not sure what type of materials are on it but they feel soft as hell. There are some nice details you don't pick up on from the pictures. It still feels like they should of been a perf toe though, they look a little weird at first glance seeing them without a perf toe IMO. Not sure if I'll go with the regular laces or the included rope laces.

Damn, these dudes are still 504’ing. (Just checked)

JazBwE.gif

I’ve heard the same about soaking them in a solution of warm water and oxiclean, but haven’t tried either method.

Haven't heard about that one. I would use warm water cautiously though as it tends to shrink and sometimes fades colors.

Do they still fade the same or does it take longer since they dye is now sealed in?

Yes, it will take longer to fade as well. I have done this to a couple of pairs and IMO they still look great and I don't remember having a problem with dye bleeding on my shoes.

Damn US shops are trippin...DTLR still ‘processing’ those 990s a week later when I can order anything from the UK and get them in 2 days.

The last 5 sales on the original Kennedy release were $1,000+. I wasn't into NBs at all when these originally came out, but was there an enormous amount of hype or a crazy story behind them? I get the hype around Jordans or other Nikes that have a lot of history behind them (for some), but 1k is mind blowing.

The last 5 sales on the original Kennedy release were $1,000+. I wasn't into NBs at all when these originally came out, but was there an enormous amount of hype or a crazy story behind them? I get the hype around Jordans or other Nikes that have a lot of history behind them (for some), but 1k is mind blowing.
Always pay attention to the bidders feedback. What I've noticed is folks will try to artificially manipulate prices by using fake eBay accounts to bid absurd prices and the worst that happens is they file a non paying bidder warning on the fake account yet the history says the item sold for $1k this is the oldest trick in the book to make it appear as if a shoe is really selling at those prices to create fear in folks to jump on the prices cheaper than that inflated price

Last edited:
Always pay attention to the bidders feedback. What I've noticed is folks will try to artificially manipulate prices by using fake eBay accounts to bid absurd prices and the worst that happens is they file a non paying bidder warning on the fake account yet the history says the item sold for $1k this is the oldest trick in the book to make it appear as if a shoe is really selling at those prices to create fear in folks to jump on the prices cheaper than that inflated price

I think I ran into this pretty recently. I saw a pair of shoes that I really wanted and I contacted the seller to see if he would be willing to sell them out right because I didn't want to wait on the auction I was getting antsy. So he said he would sell them for a certain price and then the next day I wake up I see that the auction is set slightly below the price that he had said he would sell for. Then I see that one person bid on them and it went the whole auction because I didn't quite feel that's what they were worth i didn't bid and no one else did either. Then at the end of the auction I see the next day that the shoes were posted back online.

I didn't dig into the insanity that is ebay; this was just StockX. I made 1 sale on ebay back in 2012 with 5/5 feedback and they banned me from selling counterfeit goods. Needless to say, I knew since then shady **** was ebay's forte.

That's a good idea but I've always wanted my denim to fade with wear. Need to develop those nice honeycombs
Cold soaks don't get rid of a lot of indigo, so you'll still be able to get the good fades. All about timing. My first pair of N&F Weird Guys have been fading even after a few washes. Just about going out and wearing them.

Back
Top Bottom