Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Woah very surprised to hear you sold your pair

I'd been going back and forth about selling them (ask @squizzy3000). I threw up an ask on StockX for $275 just to see if anyone would bite then within minutes someone bit. My line of thinking was that if I was to part with these sneakers that I'd get maximum dollars for them- was shocked, honestly, to see someone cop them.

I'm still a believer in the 990v4- definitely my favorite model from NB currently. I am just continuing to downsize as much as possible for the sake of simplicity. I already own the 990GL4 and the 990SR4 and I decided to keep those. I've made it a goal not to own more than 1-2 color ways of any particular model. I know that goes against being a sneakerhead but I'm finding that I'm enjoying my sneakers a lot more now that I am down to 8 pairs of NB's (technically 12 but I'm donating 4 of those this weekend). As much as I love having tons of options it's nice to actually enjoy the few pairs that I have and wear them to the ground. The irony of this hobby is that we collect products that were meant to withstand tons of use and yet we rarely get around to using them!

Some of you probably think I'm crazy. Please don't judge me :smile:

I feel like the 990v4 may kill the rest of my sneaker habit because I seriously have trouble putting anything else in rotation now lol

Think the Stussy will be my foray into 990v4s when I can lock down an 11.5 or 12.

Trying to get rid of 5-8 pairs of shoes, or more, currently myself. I'm up to around 25 or so but have about 5 pairs that are still DS.

Starting to edge away from strictly nike/Jordan and in to more "adult" shoes. Past several purchases have been NB and common projects and couldn't be happier.

Quality is what got me, but I've got so far into "collecting" I guess I know what I want and only buy certain models now. I haven't bought a model I don't already have in a year. Wife probably wonders why I need the same shoe in 15 different colors. Not really adult-like, but I like what I like.

Quality is what got me, but I've got so far into "collecting" I guess I know what I want and only buy certain models now. I haven't bought a model I don't have in a year. Wife probably wonders why I need the same shoe in 15 different colors. Not really adult-like, but I like what I like.

When you find a model that looks good on you I completely understand getting multiple colors. I have multiple colors of Kobe 11s, Jordan 1s and MiUSA 574s because I love the silhouettes and want multiple options. When you find what you want, why change it?

I’m in the same boat as the last few comments. Tired of having a ton of pairs that I never wear. My goal is to have around 25 or so pairs. 7-8 high-end (CP’s, GAT’s, SL Hi’s, GGDB), 10-15 NB (classic Grey or Navy pairs) and a few simple Vans/Chucks.

Problem is I don’t want to just give away the pairs I have. I couldn’t sell brand new looking Pebble Blues for $120shipped! My 998 BB have been sitting for $115 shipped. So I end up keeping them.

I’m in the same boat as the last few comments. Tired of having a ton of pairs that I never wear. My goal is to have around 25 or so pairs. 7-8 high-end (CP’s, GAT’s, SL Hi’s, GGDB), 10-15 NB (classic Grey or Navy pairs) and a few simple Vans/Chucks.

Problem is I don’t want to just give away the pairs I have. I couldn’t sell brand new looking Pebble Blues for $120shipped! My 998 BB have been sitting for $115 shipped. So I end up keeping them.

What size are you?

My goal was once to have what I wanted, now my goal is to stop wanting. I have got to the point where the thrill of the hunt is exciting again. For a while it was kind of boring to buy shoes, be disappointed when I got them, and feel kind of silly about how excited I was to get them. I think I get more excited about the actual deal than the product. Realizing that, I don't buy everything anymore. Kind of like if elephants were everywhere, it wouldnt be hunted. If rats or dogs were rare, people would be keeping their carcasses as trophys, sniping them out. I dont need rodents, only elephants.

Next high-end purchases for me are gonna be some MM GATs and then possibly some SL 10s. Recently got some CP achilles low in the full-grain brown, which I love, and light tan suede Chelsea boots.

Quality over quantity has been the mantra since about June and its helped me zero in on certain models and premium materials. And this thread got me back in to NB for the first time in almost 10 years and I am in no way disappointed about that. The MiUSA models and MiUSA collabs are really top notch in terms of materials.

I'm not even gonna lie, I scored a pair of And1 Tai Chi (the Vince Carter pair) last year and I was so stoked lol. It was the reason I got in to the whole collecting game. I have all my "grails", if I can say that. It's hard now to decide what I want, so I'm to the point now that I would rather miss out on a pair and let the desire build and try to get them later rather than buy something and want to get rid of them down the line. I just got rid of like 20 some pairs. I'm down to a tad below 50 pairs total now

Think the Stussy will be my foray into 990v4s when I can lock down an 11.5 or 12.

I've seen a few 12s on several sites. Better take an hour or so and Google "new balance m990sc4" and find the best deal before they're gone.

LPU GOD DAM I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD BE THIS GOOD. Can't decide on the laces, I love me some burgundy/burnt orange

IMG_3233.JPG
IMG_3232.JPG
IMG_3230.JPG

I've seen a few 12s on several sites. Better take an hour or so and Google "new balance m990sc4" and find the best deal before they're gone.

LPU GOD DAM I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD BE THIS GOOD. Can't decide on the laces, I love me some burgundy/burnt orange

IMG_3233.JPG
IMG_3232.JPG
IMG_3230.JPG

Dang, you slept on these initially, huh? These are amazing in hand. It was hard to let mine go but 577s just don't fit right (nor look right on my feet).

Next high-end purchases for me are gonna be some MM GATs and then possibly some SL 10s. Recently got some CP achilles low in the full-grain brown, which I love, and light tan suede Chelsea boots.

Quality over quantity has been the mantra since about June and its helped me zero in on certain models and premium materials. And this thread got me back in to NB for the first time in almost 10 years and I am in no way disappointed about that. The MiUSA models and MiUSA collabs are really top notch in terms of materials.

Don't sleep on miUK models either, homie. I think the general consensus (at least in this thread) is that the miUK models have sh*t on the miUSA models in the last few years in regards to quality control, execution and shape. The 990v4 has really been the exception.

That’s exactly what I’m on. I figure if I wont have that many pairs I want top quality. Designer just seems to be the next progression. Quality, as well as classic style, is what led me to NB and away from JB/Nike.

That’s exactly what I’m on. I figure if I wont have that many pairs I want top quality. Designer just seems to be the next progression. Quality, as well as classic style, is what led me to NB and away from JB/Nike.

If you look around the right times you can find CPs for like 200-250 which isn't much more than a pair of MiUSA NBs or newer Nike/Jordan/Adidas. You can also find some SL for 300+ and other designer kicks in that range when on sale. Instead of 2 pairs of sneakers you can grab one pair of designer. Thats how I look at it most of the time but I tend to grab staple shoes that are timeless when I go designer.

Minimalist sneakers and boots/loafers/dress shoes will always have a place in your wardrobe and can be dressed up or dressed down with little effort. It's a whole different feeling when you break necks with your shoes and theres no logos or branding on them. Thats when you know you're on point.

Back
Top Bottom