Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

We did? Not according to the FB page... submit an app bro!

No, I was just asking, lol...I will try to apply as soon as I get a chance.

How many ppl you guys got already? haven't got a chance to track back of the thread, first run cap at 20?

Team NB Application

1. I am applying for Team NB. I'm a size 9/9.5 and am located in New Jersey.

2. I will upload a tagged pic tonight. It will be fun laying them all out, although it will take some time.

3. As far back as I could remember, I've been into sneakers. I grew up in the 80s and my older brother was into Jordans; that's what originally did it for me. When I hit high school, I always had each of the current Air Jordan's in at least one colorway. Fast-forward to present day, I'm in my 30's. Although I am still into Jordans to an extent, I realized I was getting older and needed something a little more "mature." That's what initially turned me on to New Balance. Once I started researching and picking up a few pairs, I realized the difference between NB and all other brands - Made in US. Granted, not all pairs are made stateside, but they are the only sneaker brand to do so. This REALLY appealed to me, as I have always preferred to support local smaller businesses than large corporations. The quality is also top notch. I also customized a few 574s and was really impressed by the quality and turnaround time. I've picked up quite a few pairs since last year (when I first got into NB), which can be seen on my Instagram account, @dexgonzalez. I admire greatly what you guys are doing here on NT. I've followed the NB thread on other forums, but they seem to be dying out and this thread is catching fire. If admission onto this team is still being accepted, I would greatly appreciate to be considered for a spot. Otherwise, I will wait until the next go-around. Thanks.

No, I was just asking, lol...I will try to apply as soon as I get a chance.

How many ppl you guys got already? haven't got a chance to track back of the thread, first run cap at 20?
Okay, I must have misread that. We're at 12/20 according to my list.

finally had the chance to backread some 30+ pages, u guys move fast!

remedy, i never bought the selle francais. i gave my friend $200USD to get them (i think retail was less), but she said Stussy was selling for more. i forget the amount but it was either $225 or $250. it was a 10.5 though that was left. i am glad i didnt buy them bc the actual photos make them look like a cheap Canal St knockoff.
Someone was able to scoop a pair of the selle francais NB x Mad Hectic x Stussy in size 10.5. Shoes look like dookie compared to the pics we got to see earlier. Size 10.5. Asking price on eBay is 
laugh.gif

Is this a NTer selling these? Does anyone remember the poster on here a month or two ago that said he was able to have his friend in Japan grab him a pair but they only had size 10.5 so he picked them up even tho they weren't his size?

Either way, they look like a different color than the original pics. First they looked like an almost orange color, now they look straight dookie brown 
laugh.gif
. Maybe it's just me though. Either way, now Im not so upset we haven't seen a stateside release as of yet. 

Original pic:

Ones on eBay:

Last edited:
I was also told no phone orders. They're trying to fix website. Guy told me to keep trying website for the mojitos

Does anyone have the J.Crew 1400's in the Evergreen color way?  What does the color look like in person?  In some pictures they look kind of drab, but in others they ALMOST look like the Alife 1300's from a few years back.

See what I mean:

and then in another picture they  kinda resemble the color of those APC's:

Anyone that has them - what do they look like up close?

You Right from Dallas sz 10/10.5

Got into new balance around 2010 when I bought the undefeated desert storm 1500. I wore them into the ground to the point where I think my dad now uses them to cut the grass at my parents house. From 2010 to 2012 I only had 3 pairs of new balances, it wasn't till 2012 that i really started buying shoes again like my sb era.

I hope to join the nb group because we all share the same interest and love for New Balance.

I'm still looking for a pair of DS desert storm 1500's in a sz 10/10.5

i have them, not as bright as the j.crew stock photos or ARCs but still a great shoe.
Does anyone have the J.Crew 1400's in the Evergreen color way?  What does the color look like in person?  In some pictures they look kind of drab, but in others they ALMOST look like the Alife 1300's from a few years back.

See what I mean:

and then in another picture they  kinda resemble the color of those APC's:

Anyone that has them - what do they look like up close?

Last edited:

Got into new balance around 2010 when I bought the undefeated desert storm 1500. I wore them into the ground to the point where I think my dad now uses them to cut the grass at my parents house. From 2010 to 2012 I only had 3 pairs of new balances, it wasn't till 2012 that i really started buying shoes again like my sb era.

I hope to join the nb group because we all share the same interest and love for New Balance.

+1, and I'm still on the hunt for those desert storms... in the same size 
glasses.gif

I lay down for an afternoon nap and miss all of this.
EZ Money Applying. Las Vegas NV, Size 13

There are many reasons to like New Balance. For me, it's consistency. Their quality/comfort never fails. Being a bigger guy, finding a comfortable shoe for a wide foot is hard. Wearing Jordan, they wear down easy as far as paint chip/Toes hurt etc. When wearing a BRAND new pair of NB's I never get the left pinky toe pain, even with the narrow models. I'd have to say my new favorite model is the 1600 with the classic 574 as a runner up and 99 right behind, My first pair ever was 574, very comfortable and last forever. When i recently purchased the elite edition 1600's, the comfort/quality is outstanding. Walking on clouds is an understatement. Recently just broke out some seals and the 999's are very comfortable as well, slightly narrow towards the toes for my wider feet but still felt no pain of new shoes. What struct my interest back into NB was the let downs of JB. That sentence within itself should explain. Growing up, parent couldnt afford the higher brands of shoes so I was use to the Saucony/K-Swiss/New Balance. I'm a firm believer of getting what I paid for and with every purchase I'm never let down with New Balance. Thanks

Pic comin in a sec
Certainly a +1 for me. You're in here all the time.
App for Team NB:
1.) Size 10.5 US- Richmond
2.) picture will be uploaded tonight
3.) I lurked the NB thread for a week or two before I joined and started to contribute. I made my first and last mistake with new balance by purchasing a pair of Bordeaux over the Kennedy's, it is a big mistake, I know. I was barely into the shoe scene as I had started to have some disposable money, I was young, I made a mistake. Most of my pairs are collaboration pieces and I think my concept 999s are because I really liked the model and colors. Then we all know what happened with new balance collaborations, they exploded. With that I started to look into the farmers pack and more new balances, even picking up a 574 model. I think these shoes will be worn for years to come and the shoe will last a long time. They are comfortable, fashionable, easy to pair with clothing and the history and ability to produce pairs in UK/USA really allows me to appreciate the craftsmanship. I try to help people as much as I can, it's who I am, big to contribute to this thread in that way has worked well in my opinion and I want to see a community of people all over just try to help one another. This is not an elitist team, much more a close group of people willing to help out a stranger for the good of collection shoes and appreciating an art.

Favorite model is the 999 with a close second with the 580
+1 for me for the man NT13. Very helpful in this thread. That's +3 for you, sir!
Team NB Application

1. I am applying for Team NB. I'm a size 9/9.5 and am located in New Jersey.

2. I will upload a tagged pic tonight. It will be fun laying them all out, although it will take some time.

3. As far back as I could remember, I've been into sneakers. I grew up in the 80s and my older brother was into Jordans; that's what originally did it for me. When I hit high school, I always had each of the current Air Jordan's in at least one colorway. Fast-forward to present day, I'm in my 30's. Although I am still into Jordans to an extent, I realized I was getting older and needed something a little more "mature." That's what initially turned me on to New Balance. Once I started researching and picking up a few pairs, I realized the difference between NB and all other brands - Made in US. Granted, not all pairs are made stateside, but they are the only sneaker brand to do so. This REALLY appealed to me, as I have always preferred to support local smaller businesses than large corporations. The quality is also top notch. I also customized a few 574s and was really impressed by the quality and turnaround time. I've picked up quite a few pairs since last year (when I first got into NB), which can be seen on my Instagram account, @dexgonzalez. I admire greatly what you guys are doing here on NT. I've followed the NB thread on other forums, but they seem to be dying out and this thread is catching fire. If admission onto this team is still being accepted, I would greatly appreciate to be considered for a spot. Otherwise, I will wait until the next go-around. Thanks.
Gotta get my man djdecks in here. +1. I appreciate all the likes over on IG, my dude.

+1, and I'm still on the hunt for those desert storms... in the same size 
glasses.gif
Doubles on Wests? Damn! +1.

Back
Top Bottom