Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone else see this comment?
E4976D0C-E8F8-4C87-B70B-7CBB38C553D4.png
yep....will change with the 997????

I’m torn on how to feel about this. I think it will suck you can’t customize, but also think it will help withhold people view GRs and collabs

I made one pair of NB1 998’s and they were terrible. They’ve been sitting in the back of my closet for over two years. I think it was the last 998 I’ve purchased.
RRS OG greys from around 2012/13 next to my NB1.

NB USA really needs to rework the 998 similar to what Nike did with the AM1.

7BA784A4-2BD9-40CE-BE62-63BB391777F0.jpeg

Hopefully the 997 is next and they don’t butcher the mudguard.

Last edited:
998s have had a sub par shape for sometime. Did you really think that a 1 off custom would be any different than the GR's preceding your purchase? Personally I am not a shape queen but I do find it funny how majority of ya'll judge the shape from one stock photo from one store. It really is hit or miss and at the end of the day 99.9% of people seeing you wear the shoe won't even notice unless your buying to flex on IG.

ive returned sub par nb1s and so have a bunch of people I know.

From what I recall they were very lenient with returns when the program first kicked off and as time progressed they got got more strict with returns. It's all about who you talked too, your tone and timing.

998s have had a sub par shape for sometime. Did you really think that a 1 off custom would be any different than the GR's preceding your purchase? Personally I am not a shape queen but I do find it funny how majority of ya'll judge the shape from one stock photo from one store. It really is hit or miss and at the end of the day 99.9% of people seeing you wear the shoe won't even notice unless your buying to flex on IG.

I completely forgot about you. You’re the one guy in the NB thread always trying to get under peoples skin. Welcome back.

To address your comments.
1. Some people have received semi-decent pairs from NB1. Its completely hit or miss. I took a chance and they wouldn’t work with me after receiving a poor pair. One and done for me.

2. You literally complain about the 998 having a sub-par shape but then indirectly call me a “shape queen”. Hilarious.

3. I don’t “IG flex” or post my shoes on social media. The pair I received looks clunky/bulky so I choose not to wear them. I don’t wear my shoes for the 0.1% of the population you claim is actually paying attention to my footwear selection.

Troll better.

I completely forgot about you. You’re the one guy in the NB thread always trying to get under peoples skin. Welcome back.

To address your comments.
1. Some people have received semi-decent pairs from NB1. Its completely hit or miss. I took a chance and they wouldn’t work with me after receiving a poor pair. One and done for me.

2. You literally complain about the 998 having a sub-par shape but then indirectly call me a “shape queen”. Hilarious.

3. I don’t “IG flex” or post my shoes on social media. The pair I received looks clunky/bulky so I choose not to wear them. I don’t wear my shoes for the 0.1% of the population you claim is actually paying attention to my footwear selection.

Troll better.

Jesus and I thought my girlfriend was sensitive. Nothing was directed at anyone specifically, so you feeling targeted means you may subconsciously think of yourself as a shape queen. I do think the shape can be better but if I see a CW I like I am not detoured to purchase the product.

Yes, I guess I am a troll since I am one of the few people that actually tried to talk to people and connect with corporate about the shape. I actually collected a lot NT's thoughts about the NB 1 program and brought them to the attention of someone at corporate. Did it get fixed, no this is an issue that will take sometime to be fixed.

There are a handful of people in this thread that don't even really purchase NB anymore and just drop into to complain about a stock photo and thinking it represents the whole production line.

Read better.

Should I just cop some grey 997s or wait for disco?

If your near a factory store I would check that out. Also what size are you? larger sizes deff have a better chance of hitting disco. If your not near an outlet I am going to one on Wednesday and can let you know if I see anything.

I don’t want 997 nb1 program for the sheer fact it’ll ruin collabs and the shape will probably be trash

Yes, I guess I am a troll since I am one of the few people that actually tried to talk to people and connect with corporate about the shape. I actually collected a lot NT's thoughts about the NB 1 program and brought them to the attention of someone at corporate. Did it get fixed, no this is an issue that will take sometime to be fixed.

Blow up the connect so we can all bother them

Back
Top Bottom