Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Is it friday yet??? NY4 today
19378887-D6AE-43CA-B9CE-9A4E964B8F9F.jpeg

Also, my dad saw my bk5 and asked me for a pair. I gave him these v5 samples to hold him over and he was toooooo happy to take them. Pardon the house slippers lol
0776FA70-1867-4A69-8A7A-03164290EF8D.jpeg

Screenshot_20190807-091505_Chrome.jpg

Anybody know where I can get these in a US12???
Strangely I’ve only seen these on End and Hanon and it’s not smart financially to buy MiUSA models from an overseas vendor. I have to wonder if these are supposed to get a wider release at some point but those two put them out early for some reason.

Even when I was young enough to pull off mismatched shoes it wasn’t a fad I was ever interested in participating in. That was until I first saw pictures surface of the Engineered Garments collab. Something about the collab was so interesting to me and when my pairs came in yesterday I wasn't disappointed. The difference in textures and colors is so natural looking that you might not even notice it unless you looked closely. I recommend anyone on the fence to grab these during the worldwide release in September. Sorry for the sloppy pictures I was in a rush to get to the office:

32A84C12-C505-4B05-8CDF-E5C1B68C5AFE.jpeg

BEB77E83-D478-4924-B204-8584BB464B49.jpeg
Think sizes are still available in store? The exotic leather on the lateral side is a turn off for me but maybe in person I’ll feel differently.

Strangely I’ve only seen these on End and Hanon and it’s not smart financially to buy MiUSA models from an overseas vendor. I have to wonder if these are supposed to get a wider release at some point but those two put them out early for some reason.
I would be surprised if they didn’t. I would deff hold off because this color is a staple for 99x series.

Why is it not a smart financial decision? I'm fairly new to the 997 so school me.

Why is it not a smart financial decision? I'm fairly new to the 997 so school me.

More expensive to buy Made in USA NB from an overseas shop than it is to buy domestically. Not only is retail more expensive, but the exchange rate also drives the base price up.

New Balance rarely releases a MiUSA show only at overseas boutiques. This CW to me is like a NV or GY. I would be surprised/NB would be stupid to limit them too only 2 overseas boutiques. NB is often a waiting game and it when it comes to classic CW like this I would wait for a wider release and eat at retail or if your patient enough as much as 50+% off.

The biggest difference on all the GY’s (beside midsole color) is the 2014 ones have an unmatched shape. NB had their top shoemakers craft those and the NV’s when they first reissued and it shows. Prob next to impossible to find DS pairs at this point tho. Also I’m not sure how accurate your thoughts are on the GY2 coming back next year. The only NB’s on a guaranteed 5 year rotation are the 1300JP2.

My outlet pair on ice has the best shape I’ve ever seen on a shoe ever. Even better than the firsts quality that I’m still wearing

I knew I should’ve just grabbed at that price, but I was hesitant feeling I could save a few bucks if I waited...

I saw that listing last night, I emailed him a little while ago, waiting on a response. A
Keep checking Joes. I just tried now and the 12.5 D that were sold out yesterday are now back in stock. Maybe even call Joes and see if you can get wait listed for any returns of 13 D's

I am looking at getting M990GRY ($153 after retailmenot 15% discount) and M997GY ($178.50 after 15% off). More than I want to spend but very few sizes left so it seems like now or next time. Does anyone know of better deals for these or a better than 15% off $125+ discount code for NB.com USA? thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom