Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

These are even better in person.

A nice detail is the gradient in thickness of suede from the front to back. 3 panels...3 different shaggyness.

20210403_104518.jpg
20210403_104539.jpg
20210403_104551.jpg

well to be fair, who actually did what he did with NB x ALD pre-orders to get pairs out to those that genuinely wanted them?
Not many if anyone apparently. I remember Joe Grondin saying it was a different strategy that they wanted to try moving forward, and if I’m not mistaken from an ALD thread post, JPS JPS had heard that Teddy really pushed for the preorder strategy when NB didn’t want to do it. JPS JPS could you elaborate on if this was something you heard at the store? Thank you!

Yes, the communication could’ve been a bit more consistent, but the intentions were good. To get product to consumers vs. resellers. I’d preorder again in a heartbeat. I don’t think it was this specific event that got him the position, it was his effort from the start with each collab he did.

I wanted them, it was actually a good move to combat resellers, it would have been nice to have a more specific timeframe rather than SS21 though.

That is also correct. It was lofty at the start, so i'm sure 2022 (or before) they would take that into lesson.
And also, 2022 might already have panedmic impact minimise by then (hopefully!)

NB on their part must have a great deal of trust in the guy, knowing the brand & how family oriented they are. So some form of merit must have given the push to get him into the executive position.

Not many if anyone apparently. I remember Joe Grondin saying it was a different strategy that they wanted to try moving forward, and if I’m not mistaken from an ALD thread post, JPS JPS had heard that Teddy really pushed for the preorder strategy when NB didn’t want to do it. JPS JPS could you elaborate on if this was something you heard at the store? Thank you!

Yes, the communication could’ve been a bit more consistent, but the intentions were good. To get product to consumers vs. resellers. I’d preorder again in a heartbeat. I don’t think it was this specific event that got him the position, it was his effort from the start with each collab he did.
sure thing. I try to chop it up with him when he's around at the store. This convo was based on the 550 tease he had put up. Told him got my pinks and was happy. He asked how i felt bout the pre-order. Told him it was great concept.

He stated that NB gave him a hard time about the pre-order concept, specifically since it wasn't a strategy NB hasn't employed with a lot of these collaborations. He said to me that his goal is to get the product into the customer's hands; those who really want them.

He wanted to kill resell. He said that ALD base has no room for resellers. He said that's why he does the whole EA thing too.

So basically he runs a loyalty program.

I think it just makes perfect sense that he moves up to creative director as team really is an "american dream" type brand. When I see ALD i dont think Kith. I think more Ralph.

I know two NTers in this thread are probably super excited about the Theodore news

Back
Top Bottom