Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I thought it would be impossible and made up my mind about it, then came here 30min after release time, saw the payment issues everyone was having, went to Bodega "just to check if any pairs were still available", and checked out easily :sick:
Now $220 + shipping and taxes to Europe, they better be real real nice!

IDK what's worse. The actual release.

Or the fact that a bunch of clowns are copping pairs to sell for a instant loss on stockX. Let ppl who want to wear the damn shoe cop.

it's because the pre-sale prices were like 350+ and idiots copped thinking it was easy money. Ironically, I was on the fence and saw how high resale was and decided my best bet was to try for retail and got through then resale tanked and wished I waited to potentially be able to buy under retail. With NY taxes they came to $255

Was able to cop but it wasn't easy, bodega really has the worst releases, same **** happened with the better days pair last year, but I'm happy it worked out in the end

IDK what's worse. The actual release.

Or the fact that a bunch of clowns are copping pairs to sell for a instant loss on stockX. Let ppl who want to wear the damn shoe cop.

a lot of this blame goes on these snkr Twitter/IG accounts that post all these release like they're some hyped up Travis/Virgil shoe, they even post links to StockX to show resale value. It just gets a bunch of amateur resellers jumping on and ruining everything for people that actually love the shoe

it's because the pre-sale prices were like 350+ and idiots copped thinking it was easy money. Ironically, I was on the fence and saw how high resale was and decided my best bet was to try for retail and got through then resale tanked and wished I waited to potentially be able to buy under retail. With NY taxes they came to $255

This is the exact boat I ended up in. Ended up being $255 in NY, but I feel like I could've gotten these for way cheaper as people realize they aren't going to move. All those twitter pages made this out to be a super hard release so I took the bullet on the $255. I could be totally wrong since I don't really keep up with the resale market. Will these drop further down?

Did everyone get TTS on these or go half-size down? Carted half-size down because true size is sold out.

This is the exact boat I ended up in. Ended up being $255 in NY, but I feel like I could've gotten these for way cheaper as people realize they aren't going to move. All those twitter pages made this out to be a super hard release so I took the bullet on the $255. I could be totally wrong since I don't really keep up with the resale market. Will these drop further down?

i hope they do! wouldnt mind getting a pair of these closer to 993 prices..

No idea why these kids buy shoes just to flip for $10 profit and sometimes a loss. Ridiculous.

I've struck up a conversation with a guy at a coffee shop I frequent who asked me if i was into shoes because he spotted different pairs I was wearing. Come to find out, he's an amateur reseller (and kind of proud of it).

I had your exact same question. "Why go through the trouble of flipping for such little return?" From his perspective, though, he's still making a few bucks here and there. Just a simple and lazy mindset and the competition we have to deal with...

Tax and ship is a killer for us NYers. Having to pay for both is resale. I was trying to cop my friend's size 9.5 (I like em too, but saving for JFG) but the whole time I was unsuccessfully mashing pay, I thought to myself these were cool for $220 but not $255.

I thought it would be impossible and made up my mind about it, then came here 30min after release time, saw the payment issues everyone was having, went to Bodega "just to check if any pairs were still available", and checked out easily :sick:
Now $220 + shipping and taxes to Europe, they better be real real nice!

you just saved my time typing this story.

expecting to pay 40-50% to customs :frown:

Back
Top Bottom