Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

unDS

20211126_234548.jpg
was eyeing these but the 993 ALD's popped up locally for basically retail so i went for those. Although these are dope.

yah - not sure what to think. Because everything else checks out, all the way down to the blacklight tag on the tongue. I have other "made" boxes that I just compared it to and it looks fine. Not sure what to do.

The box has the Hong Kong tags on it, and they seem legit as they have the NB logo on it. IMG_20211129_152142.jpg IMG_20211129_152149.jpg

Folks ask for legit checks and post everything but the dang shoes
The shoes were two posts up...

really curious to know anyone who got NB from Hong Kong if they have those stamps... because I really didn't think NB was knocked off like that with the reps.

IMG_20211129_152135.jpg

1638220539414.png

What you want me to do with this pic, fam? That is a legit bad photo of shoes to ask for a legit check with
it was more about the blacklight pics... the china stamp was the original question.

however I did look closer and it seems like the stich is wonky.
1638220731556.png

Here is a full set of photos for anyone willing to have a look. Thank you!

This one wasn't showing in that group for some reason..

1638223505035.png

Last edited:
something else I just discovered.... The paper in the box is different than other - Made in USA paper...

The paper that is "whiter" is the paper from my a retail pair, the paper in this box is almost tissue paper.

What I don't know is if the European boxes have this paper? Anyone in here from Europe and have a Made in USA - Europe released shoe?
1638225351470.png

Here is a full set of photos for anyone willing to have a look. Thank you!

This one wasn't showing in that group for some reason..

1638223505035.png

Thank you. As far as the shoes, they are legit. I've never put any sneaker under a blacklight so I don't know what to tell you about the stamps. The only thing I could think of is akin to how Nike packages sneakers differently from country to country depending on the country's rules and regulations for how sneakers are sold. Nikes sold in China have different tags vs. in Japan, Korea, etc. Perhaps NB has their own geographic imprints.

Thank you. As far as the shoes, they are legit. I've never put any sneaker under a blacklight so I don't know what to tell you about the stamps. The only thing I could think of is akin to how Nike packages sneakers differently from country to country depending on the country's rules and regulations for how sneakers are sold. Nikes sold in China have different tags vs. in Japan, Korea, etc. Perhaps NB has their own geographic imprints.
I appreciate your opinion and trust me I want you to be right. Here is something else I came across tho.... The box tissue paper is way different than 3 of my other "made in use" new balance. as far as legit checking goes that is usually one of the bigger give aways. thing is tho it's like the stickers, if these were packaged in china then maybe it's a bit different?!

I just know I paid more than I should have to pay for any shoe for these and I want them to be freaking legit... ya know?! :smile: If we could just buy shoes from retailers LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK, then none of this would be an issue. But as it is we have no consumer protections and have to cover our own booties. Thank you tho!

and also, anyone looking at the photos... you get several more if you go to the link instead of viewing it in the post... it only gives 9 for whatever reason.

1638227905524.png

The box has the Hong Kong tags on it, and they seem legit as they have the NB logo on it. IMG_20211129_152142.jpg IMG_20211129_152149.jpg
Based on these two pics, I don't see anywhere mentioning "Hong Kong". The second pic does mentioning their office address in Shanghai. The extra stickers they put on the box look like this pair is originally for retail in China.

Based on these two pics, I don't see anywhere mentioning "Hong Kong". The second pic does mentioning their office address in Shanghai. The extra stickers they put on the box look like this pair is originally for retail in China.
Sorry, I assumed it was... as that is where they were shipped from was for Goat HK. Is it the address for New Balance?

Protection pack prices going dumb I might have to bite the bullet and cop my second pair now before they're impossible to get next year

Back
Top Bottom