Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Nope not at all. The were originally released in 1993 and the cushioning tech has been greatly improved on with the 990v3-6 or just the 99x models released 2000 and onwards
yikes, maybe I should skip the 998's, they look nice, but I'm seeking the comfort of the 990 V3-V6

with all the 998 and kith talk i felt it was only right!
20230412_160214.jpg

Everyone is narcissistic cmon now. :lol:

I like Kith the company, the brand, im not a fan of their clothing though. Ronnie has hits and misses like every designer, the ones he hits on though I really like ie. the Samba x Clarks.

One brand thats turned corny IMO is that French sounding *** but from Queens ALD. Their community just full of herbs.
Their community is the same as kith lol. The same dudes that were rocking mercer pants for profile pictures in the back area of kith/atrium are now posing for pictures outside ALD. Both brands cater to the same demographic with similar product ranges and prices, with similar company origin stories. I'm not mad at you liking kith, your reasons for feeling that way are different from the reasons I dislike them. I disagree with your comment about everyone being narcissistic.

As far as NY based clothing brands go, I'm an only NY fan. Been wearing em for like half my life now. Retail prices have gotten absurd the last few years but enough of their stuff goes on sale (peep their warehouse sale) that I've almost never paid retail for anything from em. They make a lot of unbranded, good quality clothing and have partnerships with NYC agencies and licenses to use their designs. A decent amount of their products are still made in the USA as well, although not as much as it used to be. Even so they've gotten cornier, too. The collab with blank street had me sick.

Mane we need to bring back FUBU and Tommy Hilfiger :lol: :pimp:
I get the criticism for Kith and ALD. Especially from younger folks who “weren’t” outside. I remember when us older heads would respond by telling new cats about how they wasn’t there for ARC, DQM, nort/recon, OG supreme, Clientele.

At this point it’s pointless bc you can tell most cats only know about culture bc they did their googles.

Gotta start somewhere

I get the criticism for Kith and ALD. Especially from younger folks who “weren’t” outside. I remember when us older heads would respond by telling new cats about how they wasn’t there for ARC, DQM, nort/recon, OG supreme, Clientele.

At this point it’s pointless bc you can tell most cats only know about culture bc they did their googles.

Gotta start somewhere
what was the name of that angry dude at dqm lmfao

JPS JPS what a wild time... The infancy of social media and the David Z releases and then seeing the rise of Kith from Asics colorist to dropping clothing season collections, too overprice snacks (It the New York way) :lol: I remember being pissed off then too because of the hype and not being able to grab, and being down here in Florida. So i remember getting heavily involved with Rip N Dip when they was pumping out Nermal shirts. :pimp: It all about the zagging when folks are zigging. There was this site too back in the days circa 2012 based out of LA i was messing with HEAVY. Apliiq i believe it was... Mane I made this LEGENDARY beer bottles cardigan.

Screenshot_20230414_082522_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230414_082607_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom