Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Teddy just had these up on his ig stories

IMG_7649.jpeg
Not bad. I'm liking the 860s more than the 1906r and 2002r

With this trend of old school runners happening I’m waiting for a pic to pop up or a retro of the first new balances I ever liked. Not gonna lie back in the day I used to hate on them until my friend got this pair in 3rd/4th grade so 2000-2002
I have no idea what model or anything they were Ive just had a mental image of them but I remember them being a similar color way as these af1
211792AE-0597-4153-AC68-BFFEB22E650A.jpeg

Last edited:

White pair is clean.

White pair is clean.
none really jump out at me....he should have released the Volts during Wimbledon lol

White pair looks like an M instead of an N.

I’m not mad at this retro performance runner thing, some are act pretty dope… just not for me.

White pair is clean but yea I agree, needs a secondary color for some contrast. I think the green pair from the first drop is still the best one. Also keep in mind that these look like a preorder and shipping next spring. Reminds me of the 1300 and 550's all over again lolz.

Understanding to hate the idea of forking over money now and wait x amount of months for a pre-order. But isn't it better knowing you'll 100% get it verses struggling on release day/entering a bunch of raffles with the slim hope of hitting.

I was thinking it would be better to charge once it ships but realized they probably didn't to prevent people from just canceling their order and be stuck with an excessive amount.

It's as if they're allowing the people who really want it to actually be able to get it :lol:

If it had been a better model/colorway I would have no issue but these preorders tend to be pretty generic non-MiUSA models as they are the cheapest to mass produce.

Pre-order is a great idea, just tricky. With the way trends change, and the obvious hype/resell, what happens if in 8 months trends change? Resell isn’t where it was assumed it would be? Not that I care about either of those, but a lot do. I’d 100% preorder something I know I’d still want in ___ months. The other issue is, what if you pay for the preorder, then when they ship, after a week or so, you see same pair for 1/3 of the price? Too many times recently I pay retail for something I want, then a few weeks later it can be had in significant discount… not mad because I got what I wanted, just wish I waited.

Yea, pre-orders are hit in and miss. It was good for the 1300's because others stores didn't seem to get them and at least it was a shoe that people wanted. 550 one wasn't bad either because people who struck out on the initial release were able to get them with the pre-order after.

Back
Top Bottom