Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

New addition to the running roster:

FuelCell SC Elite v3 - Pineapple
New Balance FuelCell SC Elite v3 - Pineapple.png
I hope they hold up better than the SC trainer. Already toast after 4 1/2 months.

You don't recommend?
I think the regular SC trainer is great for long walks. Its comfortable and the carbon fiber plate does a great job propelling you forward, but as far as running or jogging… It’s too heavy and it doesn’t hold up well… The upper is already ripping, and the foam sole already has holes developing. They have a newer version, I can’t speak on that version. But for $180? The deterioration is crazy in under five months.

I think the regular SC trainer is great for long walks. Its comfortable and the carbon fiber plate does a great job propelling you forward, but as far as running or jogging… It’s too heavy and it doesn’t hold up well… The upper is already ripping, and the foam sole already has holes developing. They have a newer version, I can’t speak on that version. But for $180? The deterioration is crazy in under five months.
I've had the opposite experience, the extra foam on the SC trainer was just the right balance for saving my feet on long runs while not feeling too clunky/heavy for tempo runs. I've got about 300 miles on them and they've held up pretty fantastically, legit my favorite shoes I've ever bought to run in. No issues with any wear and tear besides the expected outsole wear after that many miles.

I've had the opposite experience, the extra foam on the SC trainer was just the right balance for saving my feet on long runs while not feeling too clunky/heavy for tempo runs. I've got about 300 miles on them and they've held up pretty fantastically, legit my favorite shoes I've ever bought to run in. No issues with any wear and tear besides the expected outsole wear after that many miles.

yeah i can second this sort of experience with the SC trainer being super solid with no issues after similar mileage. no jab at OP having a bad experience, but it might have to do with their running mechanics since i know many others too that have had lots of positive things to say about the shoe

Fozz Fozz

Ran in the RC V2s last evening after a strength training session:

IMG_7374.jpeg

Will test out the v3s in the next couple months. I’m projecting them to be my Race Day shoes for a January race if all goes well! I think it’s the first time that I’ll be running a race in a non-Nike lol

Fozz Fozz

Ran in the RC V2s last evening after a strength training session:

IMG_7374.jpeg

Will test out the v3s in the next couple months. I’m projecting them to be my Race Day shoes for a January race if all goes well! I think it’s the first time that I’ll be running a race in a non-Nike lol
Got damn your fast lmao. But I am interested in trying New Balance's running shoes and Asics

Leaning towards signing up for a 10k in November if all goes well with the 5k Giants Race. Slowly catching the running bug and feel good setting a PR for myself yesterday.

yeah i can second this sort of experience with the SC trainer being super solid with no issues after similar mileage. no jab at OP having a bad experience, but it might have to do with their running mechanics since i know many others too that have had lots of positive things to say about the shoe
Yeah, all those positive reviews led to making the purchase. My mechanics are good but even if i did have faults, I can’t see how running mechanics have anything to do with holes developing in the upper? I’ve had flyknit, primeknit, I’ve never experienced that type of thing before. I think I may have a defective shoe tbh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom