Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Genesis v3
IMG_2933.jpeg

Thought da Amine were red/blue instead of Burnt orange/blue...will still try ...but liked the filters on da first of pics we got from em better

COMME des GARÇONS x New Balance 860v2 Releases October 18th​

cdg-new-balance-860v2-grey-2.jpg
cdg-new-balance-860v2-black-3.jpg
cdg-new-balance-860v2-release-date.jpg
Is it just me or has CDG been doing the exact same thing JJJJOUND has been doing (and perhaps longer than JJJJOUND has been doing it) without nearly as much flack for it? I say this as a person that likes pretty much every JJJJOUND Collab but definitely gives flack to the internet for acting like something amazing is happening when in reality they just make top notch GRs in simple/subtle, easy to wear color blocking.

I mean CDG always has a release or two that does something unique but most are just some variation of black/white/grey, are way overpriced, and until recently, way over hyped. Especially the case with what they've done with NB.

To me. 🤷🏿‍♂️.

If you can't tell, subtle IYKYK NB collabs are sometimes a hard sell for me because NB is already a subtle, IYKYK brand. And it seems like we give CDG more of a pass than JJJJ. Or maybe we just care about CDG less🤷🏿‍♂️.

Is it just me or has CDG been doing the exact same thing JJJJOUND has been doing (and perhaps longer than JJJJOUND has been doing it) without nearly as much flack for it? I say this as a person that likes pretty much every JJJJOUND Collab but definitely gives flack to the internet for acting like something amazing is happening when in reality they just make top notch GRs in simple/subtle, easy to wear color blocking.

I mean CDG always has a release or two that does something unique but most are just some variation of black/white/grey, are way overpriced, and until recently, way over hyped. Especially the case with what they've done with NB.

To me. 🤷🏿‍♂️.

If you can't tell, subtle IYKYK NB collabs are sometimes a hard sell for me because NB is already a subtle, IYKYK brand. And it seems like we give CDG more of a pass than JJJJ. Or maybe we just care about CDG less🤷🏿‍♂️.

There's a few key differences. CDG (and Rei Kawakubo) has actual heritage and design experience in the real fashion world. Between DSM and CDG, that's a lot of weight. The second, which you pointed out, is that CDG actually does some interesting, and often polarizing, collab shoes.

I actually like the JJJJound aesthetic overall and I admire how he turned his mood board into a successful business but it really is all very similar and he's had nowhere near the success or impact of Rei and CDG.

There's a few key differences. CDG (and Rei Kawakubo) has actual heritage and design experience in the real fashion world. Between DSM and CDG, that's a lot of weight. The second, which you pointed out, is that CDG actually does some interesting, and often polarizing, collab shoes.

I actually like the JJJJound aesthetic overall and I admire how he turned his mood board into a successful business but it really is all very similar and he's had nowhere near the success or impact of Rei and CDG.
All good points. Appreciate the feedback. I find this particular release lackluster and tend to prefer the more envelope pushing offerings of CdG. The recent NB collabs have been pretty simple. Which is cool. None of them look bad. I'd just like to see them be a little more out there though. Especially at the price.

Back
Top Bottom