Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Hey guys, so is general consensus go 1/2 down for 998s, 999s, 997s? Only NB pair I have is the americana's but looking to add these barber 999s and a few more. I'm an 8 in nike, 8 in most asics except 8.5 in asics gl3. Thanks.
It fits just like 998 but little bit narrow on toe area. If you have a wide feet stick with TTS.

Ubiq has the 997's but sold more then half of our stock today. If you want them I'd act fast, only larger sizes left...

Also

We are releasing the Americanas late, tomorrow is a online only release. 

Picture I took for the Instagram

Last edited:
Ubiq has the 997's but sold more then half of our stock today. If you want them I'd act fast, only larger sizes left...

Also

UBIQ putting them online? Just went to order them but couldn't find them.

The recent 1500s are better than previous UK ones but still not great. The hanons were done right As hanon hadasked for the rubber insert to be removed I believe which is why they are solo good. But the mold is deif for all 1500s because the original mold had broke some years back which is why we get the crap from UK as well. Thank goodness for us NBS. If only they can do a proper 1500 USA that would be great
Ah I see I never knew that, no wonder hanons 1500's are so good. I've been waiting very patiently, praying for a US made 1500. But luckily, for now, we do get some awesome stuff. We should all send NB requests for an American 1500. I hear they keep an ear to the ground.

I thought of that, but didn't do it because I was afraid it would make the suede rough. Suede still smooth after?
need to know the answer to that last question as well. I have heard mixed reviews on how the suede condition is after application. 

I thought of that, but didn't do it because I was afraid it would make the suede rough. Suede still smooth after?
I tried Jason markk on a pair of my c notes after a dog stepped on my toe, it just spread the stain out twice as big. The cleaner smoothed out the nap of the suede so it looks like nubuck or something now. I guess the results depend on what created the scuff or stain but it'll definitely change the suede in some way. Good luck!

Last edited:
I tried Jason markk on a pair of my c notes after a dog stepped on my toe, it just spread the stain out twice as big. The cleaner smoothed out the nap of the suede so it looks like nubuck or something now. I guess the results depend on what created the scuff or stain but it'll definitely change the suede in some way. Good luck!
Ahhhh that's just what I thought. Think I'm going to live with the dirt until I can find another solution. Thanks for the feedback, dude!

Thinking of pulling the trigger on these: 

What do youg us think?
I say if you like them cop them, man. Most of the people here don't like the shape of 1600's nor do they like Asian made NB's, but all of that is relative. You like, you cop. Get them, yo.

I like the 1600, for me they fit better than the 1500 (but they don't look as good as the 1500).  Wanted 1600 are a gret c/w and aren't as bad as peeps think being an asian made nb

Ahhhh that's just what I thought. Think I'm going to live with the dirt until I can find another solution. Thanks for the feedback, dude!
Don't mention it! Since that incident, if I get any dirt on nice suede, I find just lightly lightly brushing it away with one finger is like as good as it's gonna get.

Just placed my order for the 997s. Can't wait for them to come in! 
smokin.gif

Ah I see I never knew that, no wonder hanons 1500's are so good. I've been waiting very patiently, praying for a US made 1500. But luckily, for now, we do get some awesome stuff. We should all send NB requests for an American 1500. I hear they keep an ear to the ground.
I wish USA NB had a 1500 mold but I doubt they do and apparently the mold is pretty expensive to make but hopefully they would think about it. There's still a lot of models they have that need to be released but I'm def happy about the 997 as I've been *****ing about getting a us one for some time. Now to paint that midsole [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Last edited:
Hey guys, so is general consensus go 1/2 down for 998s, 999s, 997s? Only NB pair I have is the americana's but looking to add these barber 999s and a few more. I'm an 8 in nike, 8 in most asics except 8.5 in asics gl3. Thanks.
The only reason I hate size questions is because everyone likes their shoes fit def. And all NB don't fit the same. UK and us NB tend to be half sz big while Asian models should be tts. You guys should pay more attention to the CM size instead of your US size. The CM sizing is an actual measurement and would be more accurate IMO.

Also

Does ubiqs site take pairs off the site in real time when certain sizes are purchased? As I've had many orders that a week later end up being cancelled because they were oversold or out of stock, and at which time it was too late to purchase from other stores as the shoe in question was sold out. I believethat happened three times to me, last time being the solebox allegra. Not knocking ubiq at all asiI've dealt with them numerous times but was wondering about that. Great customer service and all and never had any other issues with them

Last edited:

Jason mark works but has to be done correctly. It works believe me. There's a write up on sneakernews I believe on how to properly use their product, namely the brush and solution

Jason mark works but has to be done correctly. It works believe me. There's a write up on sneakernews I believe on how to properly use their product, namely the brush and solution

It definitely works to get the stains out but changes the suede. My Bodga Hyprcats and Americanas do not feel the same after cleaning with jason markk and premium brush.

Back
Top Bottom