Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

^^^ Anyone know if this site has quality pair..? I don't want to order and then have them cracking after a couple wears.

for those that are worried about quality of the 999's, here are a couple reasons as to why i think mine might have cracked more than others:

1. I probably weigh 225
2. I wore them in FL where it was hot
3. I pronate slightly and you'll see that the worst cracking was on the instep of the heel

for lighter, normal-walking, temperate-climate folks, you likely won't have a problem!

does anyone have a picture of the 996RR that shows its true color? search results show them being anywhere from insano-red to washed out burgundy:smh:

for those that are worried about quality of the 999's, here are a couple reasons as to why i think mine might have cracked more than others:

1. I probably weigh 225
2. I wore them in FL where it was hot
3. I pronate slightly and you'll see that the worst cracking was on the instep of the heel

for lighter, normal-walking, temperate-climate folks, you likely won't have a problem!
Mine cracked and I weigh a a whopping 140.  The cracking on mine probably has to do to the fact that I've worn them to the bar, concerts, in the snow, mud, and everywhere else in between.   i bought em to rock and that's what I'm doing. gonna make these my beaters and that's why I doubled up.

Last edited:
The New Balance 670 Made in the UK Pack: available at Afew (http://www.afew-store.com/New-Balance_1) 140 euros
Thanks for the info. Love these ones, but that price + s/h... 
mean.gif

Mine cracked and I weigh a a whopping 140.  The cracking on mine probably has to do to the fact that I've worn them to the bar, concerts, in the snow, mud, and everywhere else in between.   i bought em to rock and that's what I'm doing. gonna make these my beaters and that's why I doubled up.
Mine stared cracking yesterday after 3rd very light wear. I'm 5'11" 170 - weather has been beautiful on each wear - no excuse for this

For the folks with peeling/cracking 999 Elites, including myself....no need to make excuses for why they're defective. There's no reason that shoes should do that after a few wears. After years of abuse? Sure. But almost fresh out the box? Naw man.

I'm not saying don't keep them or don't rock them, because I plan on wearing the hell outta mine. Just don't make excuses for poor quality control. Even New Balance is subject to it, albeit way less than Nike. Hopefully this doesn't become an issue because one of the greatest qualities about NB is their quality.

youre good diakonos. i wouldnt have worried about deleting. the release info on tassies as far as stores getiing was posted on here days ago. no foul on your part.

@Diakonos, i get what both sides are saying. Thanks for posting that site though, it may be used for future releases (not really going after those devils). The fact is, if somebody wants to find out bad enough, then there are plenty of options for leads and info (and they arent secret anyways). On personal leads though, it can be beneficial to keep it to pms- thats why the size list was created. So.... i guess what im saying is- thanks for the link :nthat:

This is all I was trying to say. I couldn't have put in words better about how its not secret, its just when the links get repeated on here they have a nasty knack of getting sniffed out since they are showing up every other page. I myself posted the link for the size? raffle a few pages back, and all of the sites getting them were posted before that by sneakerfreaker themselves! I don't know i'm just edgy after i saw kicksdeals poach info off of here, I just hate watching good people on here that want the shoes bad getting screwed by them. I remember i was the first one to find the elite 999s on karmaloop legit minutes after they were posted(had been watching their ebay for days, because they post there always a right before the site). I tweeted it out to my followers with the wshh2013 code for 25% off and free ship plus my rep code. Wouldn't you know ten minutes later guess who posts it, discount code and all. I often post deals as soon i hear them first to my friends and followers on twitter, and they started following me and jacking my info and giving me no credit! Needless to say, I blocked them after that.

thanks for your support and constructive criticism. wasn't posting to cause a ruckus. i read this thread everyday and i post occasionally here whenever i feel like i can contribute. i don't have a nice dslr to take nice glamour pics or have a ton of money to cop like some of the other members here. i believe i saw some familiar names a few pages back that asked about online release for the 998 tassie so when i was randomly looking at sites i figure i'd post to help a few people out. i know for myself i don't always have a chance to look at every site every day to see what is/will be released so sometimes i really appreciate people who post links on this thread. but yes i definitely understand the point that zedrok is saying. i wouldn't want some lurker/reseller to cop the shoe over a more "deserving member". this thread has definitely blown up into mega proportions since i first started following.

i wish i can go way back in da day when nt13 post links and info just about every hour. he helped me out a lot. 6 months ago feels like a long time ago with this thread...haha.

Last edited:
I see NB is planning some more 999 Elite colors, but seeing all the cracking issue's I think I am going to pass on them all. I have the red ones and haven't had a problem, but I think it is just a matter of time!

For the folks with peeling/cracking 999 Elites, including myself....no need to make excuses for why they're defective. There's no reason that shoes should do that after a few wears. After years of abuse? Sure. But almost fresh out the box? Naw man.

I'm not saying don't keep them or don't rock them, because I plan on wearing the hell outta mine. Just don't make excuses for poor quality control. Even New Balance is subject to it, albeit way less than Nike. Hopefully this doesn't become an issue because one of the greatest qualities about NB is their quality.
Is this only happening on the red elites?  I've been wearing my blue elites for a month now and they're fine.

kicksdeals just posted what i posted yesterday on the 999elite code. if the do more cw, ill jump on them with codes as long as i like the color, but then again mine are holding up like a champ

Yep. Same thing I said almost two weeks ago. It's crazy to have this "Oh, well. I got them as beaters." mentality. Depending on coupon codes or lack thereof, everyone spent between $90-130/each pair for these. I don't know about you, but if I'm dropping $90+, I'd better damn well get more out of them than cracking on the third or fourth wear. 
mean.gif

@heartandsole copped from a homie. We look out for each other, Ive gotten some great deals (DS 112 AM1s under retail and desert storm 1500s for 50 come to mind)and  have helped him out too. He is in w NERD and a bunch of shop owners so he has looked out a ton! Good to have friends in this hobby nowadays! thanks, I was amped!!

@aswho520 appreciate that! PM returned, def interested if u still have the laces! 

Last edited:
thanks for your support and constructive criticism. wasn't posting to cause a ruckus. i read this thread everyday and i post occasionally here whenever i feel like i can contribute. i don't have a nice dslr to take nice glamour pics or have a ton of money to cop like some of the other members here. i believe i saw some familiar names a few pages back that asked about online release for the 998 tassie so when i was randomly looking at sites i figure i'd post to help a few people out. i know for myself i don't always have a chance to look at every site every day to see what is/will be released so sometimes i really appreciate people who post links on this thread. but yes i definitely understand the point that zedrok is saying. i wouldn't want some lurker/reseller to cop the shoe over a more "deserving member". this thread has definitely blown up into mega proportions since i first started following.

i wish i can go way back in da day when nt13 post links and info just about every hour. he helped me out a lot. 6 months ago feels like a long time ago with this thread...haha.
really there's no way to stop the lurker/reseller thing - with the increased attention New Balances have been receiving it's just inevitable... I too am not an OG member, but I read the thread regularly and post here maybe once a day (sometimes less depending) and members have helped me out with releases many a time.  It's just impossible to be on top of every avenue for a release - especially  with things like that Mojitos restock a month or so back @ SneakerPolitics (which I wouldn't have gotten if someone hadn't been cool enough to post it in here).

I guess my point is where should we share release info/links? We can't all PM each other, and not everyone here is a member of Team NB, so should we just keep it to ourselves to spite resellers who poach off of here?  Or is it worth it to help out the good majority of sincere people on here that a few resellers snipe the links?  I don't know the answer but it seems to be a tough line to walk between helping each other and the "community" feeling that this thread is known for, and the impulse to protect things...

@heartandsole copped from a homie. We look out for each other, Ive gotten some great deals (DS 112 AM1s under retail and desert storm 1500s for 50 come to mind)and  have helped him out too. He is in w NERD and a bunch of shop owners so he has looked out a ton! Good to have friends in this hobby nowadays! thanks, I was amped!!

I love that man, friend sneaker lovers looking out for eachother..!!
Keep it up and pls show some Kennedy of feet pics :D

Back
Top Bottom