Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I already ordered mine (SNS pair). I expected there to be a lot more hype, but I'm not complaining. Hanon's and 24KTS' versions sold a bit quicker. Maybe they got less of those compared to their own colorway. Still, those are the two colorways I liked least from the pack.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty pumped for the Worthy release at Packer. I try and limit what I buy, but I'm a sucker for REAL retro basketball sneakers. Packer says they are made to the exact specs as the '85 model, pretty cool.

I have a feeling we might get Mr. Worthy in store at the release as well...
I would be suprised cuz new balance cut ties with worthy around late 80's or early 90's cuz worthy was caught with a prostitute so I doubt it

Last edited:

Not going to lie, I'm pretty pumped for the Worthy release at Packer. I try and limit what I buy, but I'm a sucker for REAL retro basketball sneakers. Packer says they are made to the exact specs as the '85 model, pretty cool.

I have a feeling we might get Mr. Worthy in store at the release as well...
I would be suprised cuz new balance cut ties with worthy around late 80's or early 90's cuz worthy was caught with a prostitute so I doubt it
I'm sure they made amends since they are using his name on the product.

Yep.

nb-worthy-wht-blk-12.jpg

Of course €130 isn't cheap for the CT300s but I don't think other UK made NBs are cheaper than that. Most are more expensive, I'd say (unless discounted, of course). The grey 997s (US made) were €200 retail in Europe. So 130 doesn't seem that expensive to me. Especially if you consider the quality you'll get compared to €130 Nikes, Jordans or Asics.

I really like the model so I didn't hesitate buying it. But it's cool if no one else does so I might have a chance at a discounted Firmament pair later this year. :wink:

the ct300 were $139. very different from 130 euros. the most excited I've been on a new balance release in a while. NB offers a new retro and people ignore it. its very interesting. I hate to be that guy, but honestly, if they aren't a rehashed silhouette with a different color way people aren't really interested it seems.

the ct300 were $139. very different from 130 euros. the most excited I've been on a new balance release in a while. NB offers a new retro and people ignore it. its very interesting. I hate to be that guy, but honestly, if they aren't a rehashed silhouette with a different color way people aren't really interested it seems.

Didn't know they were $139 for Americans. For Europeans, it was €130 (129 to be exact).

I do agree with you. To me it was exciting seeing something different for a change. But of course some people have favourite models and would rather have 15 cws of those, which is fine, too, I guess. As I said before, I'm happy they were fairly easy to get, so I won't complain.

I don't know that that's entirely true, just look at the 997.

One thing about this model is it's a tennis shoe, not a runner, and that's where the hype is right now. Add in the fact that the colorways aren't anything to write home about (IMO at least) and that explains the lack of interest. They're all decent, but like $70 decent to me.

Last edited:
I think the SNS cw is fairly simple but looks great. Bonus points for the facts that you can wear it with almost everything and that there is a story beyond "those colours look nice combined" behind it.

But you have a point about runners being hyped right now. I tend to forget that because over here runners have always been popular. So those in it for the hype might regret passing on these once the tennis shoe hype catches on.

Back
Top Bottom