Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Man, 996CPS are starting to hit stateside...probably see them on discount soon too. My impatient *** couldn't wait and bought it from SNS for $171 shipped and got them today.

They are a beautiful minty pastel green. This is my first 996 Made in USA, and the quality is great. Suede is truly buttery.
Did you have to pay any import tax or custom fees? I've been trying to figure out if they charge based on dollar amount or weight. Someone on Reddit said they only charge if its over $200 but I wasn't sure if that was a standard rule for overseas or for UK only. 

Did you have to pay any import tax or custom fees? I've been trying to figure out if they charge based on dollar amount or weight. Someone on Reddit said they only charge if its over $200 but I wasn't sure if that was a standard rule for overseas or for UK only. 

I didn't when I ordered from SNS and they lower the value to half of the actual amount.

Never had to pay customs from SNS. All my shoes were under 180 shipped though. @jsphtn8  had some issues with the Forrest Gump Cortez which were 119 shipped. Not sure if OP had to pay any custom fees. Nice pickups @remedy444

$200 is the magic number for customs.
Ok thanks for backing up that rule I wasn't sure if that was true or not, I'm assuming its before tax? Or does tax get included as well? I'm assuming $200 is the limit set for US customs not for certain stores or overseas countries.
I didn't when I ordered from SNS and they lower the value to half of the actual amount.
Huh? I thought it was retail not discounted price, so even if you find a pair on sale for 160 if they were 220 retial you would still have to pay.

Never posted:

And FINALLY got these:

I also got the mint 996's on the way.

Now I don't feel so bad about not getting the DaVinci's. [emoji]128518[/emoji]
I didn't like the Daytonas when I first saw them but now I really do dig them on the 1600, how much did they run you? Being fairly new to the collab scene it sucks seeing all these dope kicks that have already released lol I'd like to find these and the RF Steel Blue 999's but not sure how much they cost re sale these days.

Ok thanks for backing up that rule I wasn't sure if that was true or not, I'm assuming its before tax? Or does tax get included as well? I'm assuming $200 is the limit set for US customs not for certain stores or overseas countries.

Huh? I thought it was retail not discounted price, so even if you find a pair on sale for 160 if they were 220 retial you would still have to pay.

I meant the declared value. For example I bought the SNS x Asics GLV for $160 shipped from them and on the customs form they declared the shoes $80 only.

I meant the declared value. For example I bought the SNS x Asics GLV for $160 shipped from them and on the customs form they declared the shoes $80 only.
huh, any reasoning behind that? I mean not like its a bad thing but idk why they would lol you sure they do this for every order?

I didn't like the Daytonas when I first saw them but now I really do dig them on the 1600, how much did they run you? Being fairly new to the collab scene it sucks seeing all these dope kicks that have already released lol I'd like to find these and the RF Steel Blue 999's but not sure how much they cost re sale these days.

Someone owed me a favor. $200

Last edited:
I can't recall who was looking for infernos. the eaton centre j.crew had them in stock last time i was in. Toronto Canada. I can help out getting them.
I am , 10.5 por favor

The toe looks terrible!
I can't recall who was looking for infernos. the eaton centre j.crew had them in stock last time i was in. Toronto Canada. I can help out getting them.
thats 340$ Canadian dollars or 273$ USD (at this moment via google), plus shipping I'm sure but still way under, that is my recommended route if you plan on getting them. No import taxes either.

So when has jcrew started carrying regular new balance releases? Jcrew liquor store. So all this crap about the 1300jp 2 seems like hype to justify the $300 price tag. I thought jcrew stores only carried their own collabs.

Last edited:
no way, are you in richmond as well?

I swung by that store once and it was jordans and dumb asics

Round Two gets lots of gems, the thing is they end up selling almost as soon as they come in. Gotta be quick to the draw, they got a serious clientele.

no way, are you in richmond as well?

I swung by that store once and it was jordans and dumb asics
I'm not located in VA, but I follow Round Two on IG. They will ship to you if you're lucky enough to e-mail them before someone buys the item in store. Following them is kind of a pain though since they post every item that comes into the store... Like you said it's mostly Jordans and KD's, but every now and then they will post New Balances or Asics (depends on who walks in to sell to them that day.) Their prices are always great and they're good dudes. They have a website too that you can buy from, but I have yet to see them post anything great on there. Just last week they posted the West NYC MT580 collab for $170 bucks. I e-mailed them instantly, but someone had already bought them in store. 
frown.gif

I'm not located in VA, but I follow Round Two on IG. They will ship to you if you're lucky enough to e-mail them before someone buys the item in store. Following them is kind of a pain though since they post every item that comes into the store... Like you said it's mostly Jordans and KD's, but every now and then they will post New Balances or Asics (depends on who walks in to sell to them that day.) Their prices are always great and they're good dudes. They have a website too that you can buy from, but I have yet to see them post anything great on there. Just last week they posted the West NYC MT580 collab for $170 bucks. I e-mailed them instantly, but someone had already bought them in store. 
frown.gif
dm me if you see anything you want in store, if I am around, I don't mind being the proxy for it, hopefully i can beat some of these people before they sell in store

thats 340$ Canadian dollars or 273$ USD (at this moment via google), plus shipping I'm sure but still way under, that is my recommended route if you plan on getting them. No import taxes either.
Duly noted. Are the 1300JP's dropping stateside?

I have 10.5 Infernos Im sitting on, but I cant let them go :lol:

$200 is the magic number for customs.
I paid $171 USD, and didn't get anything regarding customs.

How do they even charge for that? Is there a separate invoice or something? I ask because I bought the Jordan Oreo's from Bouncewear and it was around $208 USD; got the package and there were some stickers on the packaging, but I didn't pay much mind to it because I was too excited and ripped it open and threw everything away.

Back
Top Bottom