Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

998 colourway is cool but NB USA have ruined the shape of the 998, I personally think it's worse than the 1500 now so for that reason they'll be the easiest of passes for me... role on the 997s though
glad i'm not the only one complaining.. @runners781 take it to your NB friends we hate the new shape dog
Yea I feel ya but ever since that damn complex article their 997 resell has sky rocketed and seeing as there pretty much the same those will be the first to go. If anyone is interested I do have the 4
Pair pack and only want one of each so more than happy to help someone out
also, i don't think any pair of shoes will sky rocket due to one article on one site.. remember they were sitting at outlets at one point

Last edited:
glad i'm not the only one complaining.. @runners781
take it to your NB friends we hate the new shape dog

also, i don't think any pair of shoes will sky rocket due to one article on one site.. remember they were sitting at outlets at one point

Well the 997 has gained a lot of popularity due to that article and this is a very flashy/similar CW as the rose/luxury goods, so a lot of kids who don't really care about NB will be all over it. Also outlets have nothing to do with popularity it has do with the amount of spoilage.

In regards to the shape I don't know for sure but I'm sure they're working on it they've been looking for a lot of assemblers and what not.

What about the straight up plastic part ADDED to SOME of the shoes though? Seemingly at random, I can't understand. That's not bad craftsmanship resulting in a poor shape that's just a poor idea yielding poor results

The grove j crew has these two

Anyone with the Packer 580 verify the sizing? They said to size down but do they fit like a normal 580?
This is my first 580 so idk. What I can tell you is that I wear a 12 and i have a fingers width of toe room. I have a pair of 999 and those are snug. Just got my Packer jawnts and I must say they are very nice. Glad I stopped by jcrew on butterscotch release. Even tho I passed on Butterscotch, it opened my eyes to the NB shoe quality and this thread.

Worked for me. I used a promo code they sent me in an email. 15% off
Individual, emailed promotional codes will always work, but the context Aplus was talkin bout was that "thankyou"/"thankme" code on 998's in the USA. "Thankyou"/ "thankme" are only valid at Canada's j.crew website. I remember someone dropped that code couple week ago. It works, but not on the .com website. 

Last edited:
Still confused how the NYPD & Tiffanys related to the Yankees
Tiffany designed the interlocking NY logo for a police offer shot in the line of duty in 1877. The Yankees eventually used the logo for baseball team. So Tiffany created/designed the interlocking Yankees NY logo. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom