Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just for future reference, I'm typically a 9us in Nike, adidas saucony. But wear a 9.5 in asics Gl3. What size do you recommend in NB 997? And does that go with the other models as well?

Really depends on how wide/narrow your foot is. For example, my true size is 11, but i got up a half size on most nike shoes because they run narrow. With 998s i go down to 10.5 because it's roomy in the toe box. With 997s I stay TTS because they are slightly more narrow.

When mine come in, if anyone wants the special box it's yours.  

Don't give a damn about that big *** cracker jack box.  All it will do is mess up my stacks. 
laugh.gif

I wonder if the other stores will release them with the special boxes, or if that's exclusive to Concepts only.

Pretty sure the packaging is exclusive to Concepts. I think they have a company that makes the boxes for them. All they do is print a different image on the wrapper around the box. If you noticed, the shoes come in the regular NB box which is inside the Concepts exclusive box.

Don't give a damn about that big *** cracker jack box.  All it will do is mess up my stacks. :lol:  

I feel you on that. Appreciate the special packaging and thought that concepts puts into it but the bases are just way too big.

Pretty sure the packaging is exclusive to Concepts. I think they have a company that makes the boxes for them. All they do is print a different image on the wrapper around the box. If you noticed, the shoes come in the regular NB box which is inside the Concepts exclusive box.
all my rose pairs and lux good pairs that came from concepts directly had special box only, no nb box inside the special box

Last edited:
Just for future reference, I'm typically a 9us in Nike, adidas saucony. But wear a 9.5 in asics Gl3. What size do you recommend in NB 997? And does that go with the other models as well?

Pretty much what everyone else said, go with a 9. I size up in gel lyte 3 and 5 to an 8.5 and tts on mostly all NB which is an 8.

all my rose pairs and lux good pairs that came from concepts directly had special box only, no nb box inside the special box

Not talking about the older releases. Like the guy above said, grand tourers began the trend of shipping with the og box as well. You can see in all these in hand posts that the og box is there.

was able to break from OT and copped :smokin

wasnt letting me go to paypal on my comp, it kept saying my CC info was wrong lol, but was able to get it on my phone.

Any shoe over $200 in MA gets hit with Tax.

cause we're in taxachusetts

Sales of individual items of clothing costing $175 or less also generally are exempt. (Sales tax is due only on the amount over $175 per item.)

Yeah that's exactly what it is. I get all my stuff shipped to my aunt's place in Lexington, MA and I just started noticing that tax.

thanks all and repped. i havent bought a pair of shoes that have costed over 175 before as you can tell. i had a 9.5 in cart was taking too long to decide whether I would wear these or not and went OOS when i checkout after entering my cc info. yeah i'll wait til the boston pair releases

i went TTS on the NY pair even though they suggested to go down half a size. i went TTS on the rose and it fits me pretty well. my friend who purchased in-store today said one of employees told her they run the same as roses.

the 997 is pretty narrow and this is coming from someone with narrow feet. 

Don't give a damn about that big *** cracker jack box.  All it will do is mess up my stacks. :lol:  

Since we are talking about cncpts boxes..if anyone has the luxury goods boxes and is willing to part with it lmk..I will pay for one..thanks

i went TTS on the NY pair even though they suggested to go down half a size. i went TTS on the rose and it fits me pretty well. my friend who purchased in-store today said one of employees told her they run the same as roses.

the 997 is pretty narrow and this is coming from someone with narrow feet. 

Thanks for that input from the store employee. I did the same thing and was slightly worried but glad I went with my normal 997 size.

It seems like when the bigger boutique rollout a strong shoe release campaign for more than a week .... the shoe seem to go fast especially if the shoe is quality .

It seems like when the bigger boutique rollout a strong shoe release campaign for more than a week .... the shoe seem to go fast especially if the shoe is quality .
wasn't that crowded at nyc today

Plenty of pairs on eBay already. Looks like the re-sellers were in full force on this release. 
mean.gif

I had a pair in my cart then debated wether I wanted them or not and passed. 

Back
Top Bottom