Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Already commented on sizing after I received the 577yp last week but here I go again.
If you own other 577 (miuk): if you're not already a pretty snug fit you could get away with the same size. I took my usual post ~2010 577 size (that is a little bit roomier than my preferred - 0.5 998 fit) and am glad I didn't size down to my 998 size. Compared to the recent 577sp the 577yp are more snug due to the toebox shape. I have to say that IMHO the 577sp were on the 'roomier' side of the more recent releases. Comparable to the tender pack for instance or maybe even a little wider.
If you own 998 and/or 997: I usually size down .5 in my 998 compared to my 997,even though after a while I can fit .5 down in my 997 as well. So if you're already a snug fit in you're 998 take .5 up. If you normally wear the same size in 998 and 997 you should be good with the same size.
I hope that wasn't too confusing :tongue:

@saalfish  basically take your 997 size? got it!

btw apart from the 577yp being more snug than the 577sp, is the length shorter as well? I have very narrow feet so i doubt the new shape would affect me much.

@saalfish
 basically take your 997 size? got it!
btw apart from the 577yp being more snug than the 577sp, is the length shorter as well? I have very narrow feet so i doubt the new shape would affect me much.

I have narrow feet too bro, and pretty sure we're the same size. I went with .5 down from tts (US 7.5 - same as my 997/998/1500 size), and they feel a little roomy.
In saying that, if I was to go down a full size, length might be an issue, so stick with half size down IMO.

Last edited:
Normally not a fan of monotone sneakers, but I don't know what it is about 997s and 998s that makes it work. Good stuff Remy. I see the camera work is also getting better by the day. 

Are there any current available 998 models with the suede tongue instead of the other material? I know my 997 mhl's have this... the tongue creases on this reflective material :frown:

Back
Top Bottom