Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

anyone get a pair of 997BEXP with a weird white powdery coating on the leather?

its wipes off but i'm wondering if the pair i got was tried on a bunch of times or what...the clothe is super linty as well.

I bought 4 different pairs of 997BEXP (long story) and every pair of mine was like that. Came right off so no sweat for me here. Same deal with two other pairs of NB Horweens (1300BER and BOK) and it came right off as well. I am assuming it is just dust or something.

Speaking of 997s, I just struck a deal to buy my old Concepts 997s (lux goods and roses) back from the guy I sold them to. He hadnt worn them yet plus he is trying to downsize so its a win win for both of us. Just love what they did and want to get them back before they get even more expensive, especially the Roses.

i guess I'm officially old cause I come from an era where you want your tongues to be on the side
me too (1979) but did not know that's where 'crooked tongues' came from. can tell from your ig you like that style haha!

the crooked tongue looks doper than it feels on foot. my steel blue 1300's do it just on the left foot its annoying.

oddly enough when it happens on my 577's it doesn't bother me.
same just 1300 left foot. and agree on my 577ng it's both tongues but not as drastic

i rarely use the lace hole in the tongue, throws off the aesthetic for me 
yeah that's also why i stopped doing it recently. do like that idea of only putting one lace through it though
    I use all of the lace holes on mine to shorten the laces and it usually keeps the tongue in place. 
that's true it helps to go up to the last lace hole

Any place you guys know where I could get the new balance 247 olive green Sz 8.5 for under retail ??? Thanks in advance for the help , this thread is awesome

I bought 4 different pairs of 997BEXP (long story) and every pair of mine was like that. Came right off so no sweat for me here. Same deal with two other pairs of NB Horweens (1300BER and BOK) and it came right off as well. I am assuming it is just dust or something.
4 purr? howcome?

concepts collab + purple = copped

For those who is still able to get the 247 tokyo rats - i suggest u do so quickly.

Went on feet on them and found them to be long and slim. There is about a finger spacing worth of space on TTS. Very secure clamp on the heel and upper portion of the shoe. Hairy suede and nice paneling true out, in addition to a sick neutral coloways.3m at the back and on logo. Swop laces for the stand out.

Good for normal and semi wide feet only!

4 purr? howcome?

concepts collab + purple = copped

Top two lace holes were not punched through properly on every single pair that I purchased so I couldnt lace them all the way. Got lucky though after making friends at NB Flagship who offered to just punch the hole themselves. They told me that factory workers have the hardest time punching holes through larger sizes of leather lined NBs because of how thick they can get. I had the same problem on my RF 997.5s and my Concepts 997 NYCs. Pain in the *** if you ask me.

cncpts dropping soon...start saving now

Just tell us when :smile:

Top two lace holes were not punched through properly on every single pair that I purchased so I couldnt lace them all the way. Got lucky though after making friends at NB Flagship who offered to just punch the hole themselves. They told me that factory workers have the hardest time punching holes through larger sizes of leather lined NBs because of how thick they can get. I had the same problem on my RF 997.5s and my Concepts 997 NYCs. Pain in the *** if you ask me.

You could get a leather belt hole puncher and DIY the lace holes

61E8Xaf5xbL._SL1500_.jpg

Used it on an NB from flimby which was missing a lace hole and it did the job

Last edited:
My pair of 1500BY from Hanon came in. They look worn smh. Hairs in the insoles and toe box wear. I just contacted them to try to get a refund but we'll see what happens. Bummed.

I had a somewhat similar experience with my pair also from Hanon. They had some wear/scuffs on the toes. Aside from that there not too bad but enough that a can't help but notice every time I look at them. The price was great so I'm still happy.

by any chance would any retailer still carry the 577 yard pack in a 8.5? few sites have them but can only locate a 8 or 9 :rofl:

*edit found. lol

Last edited:
I had a somewhat similar experience with my pair also from Hanon. They had some wear/scuffs on the toes. Aside from that there not too bad but enough that a can't help but notice every time I look at them. The price was great so I'm still happy.
Getting my pair tomorrow kinda nervous now.

Speaking of 997s, I just struck a deal to buy my old Concepts 997s (lux goods and roses) back from the guy I sold them to. He hadnt worn them yet plus he is trying to downsize so its a win win for both of us. Just love what they did and want to get them back before they get even more expensive, especially the Roses.
thanks for verifying I was worried I got a used an abuses pair but after wiping them down it was fine. even the weird small stain/scuffs on the midsole rubbed off.

these are my first 997's and first NB x Horween kicks(i have the horween stan smiths from adidas)

not sure if i should get any different supplies for cleaning. Now i'm kicking myself for not jumping on the rest of the horween joints.

My BYs from Hanon are almost perfect after some minor work. The paint on one of my encap logos is similar. Had to remove some minor glue stains. Brushed the suede on the box.

Back
Top Bottom