Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

it's tough to say every single 997 will have the same shape. saw multiple pairs of the 997CNR at the outlet and their shapes varied from ok to great

Just looked at the product pics of the new jcrew 997. They are pretty boring to me. I do like the white tongue tho
Maybe its just my own perception of Jcrew but I have always felt like they are most popular "boring" menswear label out there. Their entire catalog and namesake is built on a platform of average mid twenties aesthetic of grey, khaki and pastel spring colors.

Yeah the toebox is New Navy and the toe is Copper Rose and the saddle is Cream. The heel is urban grey.​

How does that Angora Cream look in person? Is it more off-white or pure white. That and the nimbus cloud seem so similar on the nb1 rendition its hard to tell the true scope of white you get with the cream.

How does that Angora Cream look in person? Is it more off-white or pure white. That and the nimbus cloud seem so similar on the nb1 rendition its hard to tell the true scope of white you get with the cream.

The Cream is delightful, it is Pete Rock & CL Smooth reminiscing on the Concept's "C- Note" base saddle and toe & wrap toe box. I'm trying to be frugal right now, but this color wheel is really special for summer, and the materials being used right now in our nations oldest state is :pimp:.

Oh.. & **** D. Drumpf! :nthat:

download_20170831_004837.jpg

Anyone know when these drop in the US? Can only find them at solestop.

Attachments

• IMG_6682.jpg
    IMG_6682.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6683.jpg
    IMG_6683.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 95
Those look like scrapped NB1s to be honest..

Remy you continue to amaze me with your shots keep them coming brother !

Otaku Otaku

I don't know if you are still interested in the 1080v7s, but I was at a DSW and I saw them and tried them on. You can maybe check one near you and see if they have them and see what you think. In my personal opinion, I would go with my regular 11. I think the memeber that described them as Hoka-ish is accurate. They seem to be slightly high off the ground but were comfy. It was kinda different than what I'm used to. The sole kinda tapers outward to the ground of that makes sense and was wider than the upper.

Hey sorry for the late reply, I was traveling for work. Nice, thank you for the info. Did you end up buying a pair?

Hey sorry for the late reply, I was traveling for work. Nice, thank you for the info. Did you end up buying a pair?

No I didn't. I might try to grab them later on down the road with a discount or something. I think I got an email from one of the foot sites about there being a sale so maybe you can grab them there for a little cheaper if you get a chance to go try them on and see what you think

No I didn't. I might try to grab them later on down the road with a discount or something. I think I got an email from one of the foot sites about there being a sale so maybe you can grab them there for a little cheaper if you get a chance to go try them on and see what you think

Yup, I'll try and hold out for a little bit since I'm sure there will be some good sales on them.

Yup, I'll try and hold out for a little bit since I'm sure there will be some good sales on them.

I know recently I think it was Eastbay or Footlocker and they had like a $35 off $100 code and it would have brought them down to like 107 so that is a pretty decent deal. I know they have some pretty nice looking like teal ones and even the dark green ones on the New Balance website. New Balance website right now has a 20% off code going but you would have to pay shipping and all together it comes down to like 117.

Caved and bought the Flimby 770 and 1500 yesterday at the NB flagship store in London.

Sales, sales, sales.. I know. But they just looked so nice - and right in front of my eyes!

My first pair of 770's, but already pretty in love with them.

Going in store and seeing them causes one to make poor decisions, lol. I ended up purchasing the entire Surplus Pack and 3/4 of the Yard Pack after seeing them in stores.

Speaking of Flimby 35 - really hoping for some good sales soon... been trying to sell off pairs in order to make room for more later this year. If I had to pick one pair that I absolutely wanted (including the Concepts 999s and everything else coming out) it would be the M991FA. It just looks so good.

Any info about when the miUSA 999 will get a wider release? Will be in the Denver and SF/LA area during mid September to October and definitely need to pick 'em up. Don't want to pay stupid European retail prices...

Anyone in here know anything about the "Super Team 33" New Balance stuff?? Apparently there was some sort of luggage collection some years back?

Anyone in here know anything about the "Super Team 33" New Balance stuff?? Apparently there was some sort of luggage collection some years back?
Yes.. what do you want to know? The pack your asking about came out in 2007/2008 , if I recall correctly.. Superteam and NB did a few rounds of releases... Suit Pack, Elements, Fanzine to name a few and the ones your referring to was the luggage pack. Compromised of a few 998s with some super nice leather..

Superteam and NB did Four releases (maybe more - I could be wrong) in the 2007/2008 era.

My personal favorite was the first/second Superteam 33 pack*... Consisted of two 1400s with plaid and stingray leather . But the luggage pack was really dope.

Attachments

• images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Yes.. what do you want to know? The pack your asking about came out in 2007/2008 , if I recall correctly.. Superteam and NB did a few rounds of releases... Suit Pack, Elements, Fanzine to name a few and the ones your referring to was the luggage pack. Compromised of a few 998s with some super nice leather..

Superteam and NB did Four releases (maybe more - I could be wrong) in the 2007/2008 era.

My personal favorite was the first release Superteam 33 pack*... Consisted of two 1400s with plaid and stingray leather . But the luggage pack was really dope.

Yeah I have seen some around. There is a pair of 1400s, the black with like a patent leather saddle on Grailed. I guess they are based off Victorianox or something. Thought they looked cool, and I happen to like patent leather....I know, I know. I guess after this long they probably aren't really wearable then?

Yeah I have seen some around. There is a pair of 1400s, the black with like a patent leather saddle on Grailed. Thought they looked cool, and I happen to like patent leather....I know, I know. I guess after this long they probably aren't really wearable then?

There is patent leather 998 from the suit pack as well. It would be questionable. Depends how they are stored. Ive seen shoes break down and become unwearable in 5 years, and seen others fine 12 years after. Safe bet is anything less than 6 years is wearable unless badly cared after. I use the 6 year rule as a rule of thumb when going after vintage kicks. Uppers are never a problem, its usually the lowers and midsoles that become an issue with age. Foam midsoles will deteriorate. On the other hand rubber soles like AJ 1 and Nike SBs will last nearly forever which is why people can still wear 20+ year old jordan 1s. Glue deterioration is also an issue. Considering NBs usually have foam midsoles - its just a matter of time as they will become unwearable if kept DS.

If its been worn and broken in, more chances on it being wearable. Oldest pair of NBS I have are from 2009. And they are fine to this day... But then again they have been taken care of immacutely and broke them in a couple years back.

It would be nice to see NB do retros and bring back alot of gems , lost in time... Like the superteam 33s..

first pic is from the luggage pack. patent 998s. second pic is from the suit pack, has patent alligator leather.

Attachments

• st33lugggage.jpg
    st33lugggage.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 18
  • new-balance-super-team-33-m998-suit-pack-5.jpg
    new-balance-super-team-33-m998-suit-pack-5.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Screenshot_2017-08-31-18-41-22.png

Well thanks. These are what I was talking about. Not the exact picture of the ones from Grailed. After this long I don't know if it's even worth it. I have a few pairs of shoes from like 2005 or 2006 that I wear now and again, but not knowing is the problem. Thanks.

That patent leather 998 is from the suit pack. It would be questionable. Depends how they are stored. Ive seen shoes break down and become unwearable in 5 years, and seen others fine 12 years after. Safe bet is anything less than 6 years is wearable unless badly cared after. I use the 6 year rule as a rule of thumb when going after vintage kicks. Uppers are never a problem, its usually the lowers and midsoles that become an issue with age. Foam midsoles will deteriorate. On the other hand rubber soles like AJ 1 and Nike SBs will last nearly forever which is why people can still wear 20+ year old jordan 1s. Glue deterioration is also an issue. Considering NBs usually have foam midsoles - its just a matter of time as they will become unwearable if kept DS.

If its been worn and broken in, more chances on it being wearable. Oldest pair of NBS I have are from 2009. And they are fine to this day... But then again they have been taken care of immacutely and broke them in a couple years back.

Back
Top Bottom