Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

the original 575 from 1988 was the precursor to the 576 and 574. the japanese reissue cm575 was made in the late 90s/early 00s. then the current uk made 575.

the "other" 575 is technically called the mt575 (mountain trail), and is a trail running shoe that was only available in japan/asia in the early 00s. soon after a made in uk version came out in the mid 00s, but they dropped the "mt" prefix. during the late 00s, there were both uk and asian made versions simultaneously.

there is also a 3rd 575, which is a recent lightweight running shoe with Cush midsole.

there is even a 4th 575, which is an all black, leather old man's walking sneaker with velcro

it can get pretty confusing with the same name used on several models...which is part of the reason why they've used more "names" instead of "numbers" lately

Thanks as always for the info!

Just to clarify - sometimes when googling I've seen the 575 with the rollbar (the model used for the Solebox & Being Hunted collabs) referred to as the MD575, is this the same as the MT575 you mentioned? Seems like the bloodline of the original, CM575, and current UK model would correspond to the type seen recently in the Surplus Pack and the End Marble.

Just to clarify - sometimes when googling I've seen the 575 with the rollbar (the model used for the Solebox & Being Hunted collabs) referred to as the MD575, is this the same as the MT575 you mentioned? Seems like the bloodline of the original, CM575, and current UK model would correspond to the type seen recently in the Surplus Pack and the End Marble.
rollbar one is the trail. some of them have a mountain scape logo on the tongue

If you've got 8000 points and want to use them
IMG_1123.PNG

I have been so on the fence about getting these. They are hitting discount now so I think I am going to pull the trigger

Is the 998CSA some type of sample of the Boston pair? Might be a reach, but I don't ever remember them releasing. Prices are tempting for a pair.

Is the 998CSA some type of sample of the Boston pair? Might be a reach, but I don't ever remember them releasing. Prices are tempting for a pair.
If I remember correctly they only released at the outlets and discount stores along side a 997. They were made with surplus materials from the rivalry pack.

So I’ll be in Paris and london at the end of the month, can anyone let me know what sneaker shops to check out for new balance? It would be much appreciated NT.

My favorite spots in Paris are Courir, Starcow, and Citadium (especially the main location which will blow your mind). There's a secret spot that I won't name but it's in the hipstery neighborhood southeast of Notre Dame. Opium didn't have an NB account last time I was there but still worth a stop in, as it's Paris most notable sneaker store. There's also some cool little sneaker stores that sell random older stuff across from Le Pompideu

I believe JD Sports in UK and Paris has a weak NB selection. (JerkStore, what happened to our Spartys!? F Michigan!)

Ha. Who cares about the BTT. Just win the natty. Although I don't think they'll do it--they don't have that killer instinct. And Langford should not be starting. Start McQuaid.

Office/Offspring usually has a colab of some sort on the shelf. JD usually has GR stuff, nothing crazy, same with FootLocker. Wood Wood has decent random NB stuff. Schuh is another one in London that is kinda low key, but has sometimes has good stuff.
London is a great walking city and there's smaller, random shops that it's worth stopping in for a peep.
B

Back
Top Bottom