Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm looking suspicious each time I go, walk in, do 2 laps around the shoe section and leave empty handed. Surely the employees must think I'm a shoplifter.

If 3 visits in 5 days makes you look like a shoplifter - my 100+ fruitless visits over the course of a couple years probably make me look like a raving lunatic.

Yeah an employee at a marshall’s told me it depends on the “coordinator” how often they rotate stock. But I feel it’s how much they sell and have to replenish, naturally. I’ve found going every couple of days is too much, there wasn’t enough turnover of SKUs. Today though, compared to last Thursday, the entire men’s section/clearance footwear area was moved around for seasonal fall set (boots up front) and a number of new items.

Employees have told me I’d only see new stuff after the old stuff sold, or sometimes if they decided to mix up the shoe section (I’ve seen them add an entire aisle at times, I guess when the men’s inventory level gets too high). Sometimes I’d visit three times in a week, and see exactly the same crap every single time. Other times I’d visit, say, on Tuesday - see nothing - and then return on Thursday to a whole slew of new stuff. Sadly there doesn’t seem to be any way to know what to expect without actually setting foot in the store.

Also, don’t rely on what’s on the shelf display. Sometimes there will be more shoes in the stacks than what are displayed.

This is contrary to the info I’ve received from employees. I’ve been told (on more than one occasion) that their entire inventory is out on the sales floor, and they weren’t keeping anything in the back. Now, to be clear, I think there’s an excellent chance that this line is BS. They probably do have some kind of inventory in the back...the employees just don’t want to dig around whenever a customer asks for a different size/style. But, point is - in my experience - employees will tell you that what you see is what you get, and they won’t offer to search for anything that isn’t out on the shelves. I’m curious if anyone’s experience differs. Maybe my store has particularly surly employees?

What I meant was... you know how there are shoes on display, and boxes of shoes underneath? Not all shoes are on display, sometimes there will be more shoes not displayed in the stacks of boxes underneath.

Yeah for sure, i'll always scan under the display pairs because it isn't usually stacked correctly. It depends on how kept up the store is.

Looking to pick up a pair of M1530OGG (white and navy), but I’m not seeing my usual size. There’s a half size down and a half size up. Trying to decide which route to take with this model.

What it do, NT?

What I meant was... you know how there are shoes on display, and boxes of shoes underneath? Not all shoes are on display, sometimes there will be more shoes not displayed in the stacks of boxes underneath.

Yes, absolutely. I'd go so far as to say you can safely ignore the shoes on display - just focus on scanning the stacks of boxes for NB labels, and then make sure you check the model# for each of those boxes. I don't think I've ever scored a good pair that was actually on display. It's always something hidden in the stacks below.

Looking to pick up a pair of M1530OGG (white and navy), but I’m not seeing my usual size. There’s a half size down and a half size up. Trying to decide which route to take with this model.

What it do, NT?

Depending on how tight you like it, and what you wear w/ 1500's, you *might* be cool w/ a half size down.

Is it worth waking up mad early for the SNS drop, or should I roll the dice and try on the NB site later in the day...? Still don't know what time they drop there, though. SmartSelect_20190831-074604_Chrome.jpg

SNS is trying to charge $250 for the 997 sport, no bueno. Does anyone have an estimate of when NB typically put up new stock? Need those grey day.

SNS is trying to charge $250 for the 997 sport, no bueno. Does anyone have an estimate of when NB typically put up new stock? Need those grey day.
Concepts is dropping as well. Can’t imagine with the two pairs releasing at various stockists that you’ll have an issue copping.

with the OMN1s dropping tomorrow, I expect NB site to be filled with errors tomorrow morning

Back
Top Bottom