Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Don’t really post here often but I managed to cop a pair of JJJJounds and noticed this with the sole - common defect on 992s? Anyone else had this? Was thinking if I could do anything to fix it.

Other than that, love them! great versatile colour way.

Attachments

• C4D5011A-3C2F-4140-AD26-9294C19C34C4.jpeg
    C4D5011A-3C2F-4140-AD26-9294C19C34C4.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 254
Don’t really post here often but I managed to cop a pair of JJJJounds and noticed this with the sole - common defect on 992s? Anyone else had this? Was thinking if I could do anything to fix it.

Other than that, love them! great versatile colour way.

Unfortunately this is an issue on A LOT of 992. Has to be something with that rubbery material and the glue not sitting right. One option you can do if you want is to cover the shoe and midsole with a towel and only expose a little bit of the shoe where the glue is. Use a hairdryer to slowly heat that area and then use tweezers to pick off the bits off glue. Do this at your own risk, but if you are careful about the amount of heat you are putting on (dont just blast it with the hairdryer for an extended time) you should be fine, I've done it on a few of my kicks that have had glue issues.

Unfortunately this is an issue on A LOT of 992. Has to be something with that rubbery material and the glue not sitting right. One option you can do if you want is to cover the shoe and midsole with a towel and only expose a little bit of the shoe where the glue is. Use a hairdryer to slowly heat that area and then use tweezers to pick off the bits off glue. Do this at your own risk, but if you are careful about the amount of heat you are putting on (dont just blast it with the hairdryer for an extended time) you should be fine, I've done it on a few of my kicks that have had glue issues.
Thanks for the advice! I might try that, does sound tricky though! I’m just worried about potential sole separation in the long run since I’m wearing the hell out of these for sure.

Thanks for the advice! I might try that, does sound tricky though! I’m just worried about potential sole separation in the long run since I’m wearing the hell out of these for sure.

Yeah totally understand. I always make sure to cover as much of the shoe as I can with a towel so it doesn't get heated too much, and you really don't need to do much heating with the hairdryer before the bits of glue become pliable. IMO it is fairly safe (and I am really OCD about stuff like that) lol but still do it at your own risk haha

You just gotta look at it like that extra cheese hanging off a slice of pizza. Each pair is unique. I gotta get some sleep!

how dare u call them random!!!

"JJJJound launched in 2006 as a digital mood board intended to examine the recurring patterns in timeless design.

With thousands of curated images, the color-coordinated visual stream of consciousness has become a global mainstay and reference for the design community.

Since its inception, JJJJound has grown in the last decade into a collaborative design studio that aims to inspire through multiple channels; through fabrication of items with purpose and longevity, through the design and construction of meaningful physical environments, and through the continued curation of its digital platform."

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.07.11 PM.png

there u have it, they post random pictures

Back
Top Bottom