Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

990v5, 992, 991 and 2002R
IMG_20210328_142029.jpg
Which is most comfort?

Discussing it in one of the threads where shoes have the highest retail price point of all.

BB550LM1 Suede Toe & BB550CL1 Multicolor. Suede Toe arrived today from Saks. I got the BB550CL1 Multicolor last week from Cinquantotto. Still several sizes left of the Multicolor 550s.

I didn't even know Saks had them, took a L

Which is most comfort?

Comfort depends on the size, material and weight of the model. I went for a snug fit (.5 down) on the 990 and the 992 while I went TTS on the 2002r and the 991.

I find the 2002r most comfortable as it’s the lightest of the bunch, the fact that its leather and mesh are thin (quality is not as good as MiUSA/MiUK models). There is no heel slippage, the cushioning is soft, air circulation is great and there’s room for my toes to wiggle around.

The 990v5 has the perfect balance of comfort and quality.

The 992 is comfortable, too, but its weight gives me foot fatigue after several hours.

The 991 colorway I have is all leather thus it’s the heaviest and least comfortable one (but still more comfortable than my Jordans). The midsole is not soft.

NB butchers the UK release of the 992 release, continuously puts out Nb1s, 327s 550 and they shut down a factory and a flagship. BEST YEAR EVER! Thank god for those preorders!

Back
Top Bottom