Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Wait. 8/13 is drop day. (with few random shops releasing after)

Other than EB, what other US shops are releasing them online? :nerd:

Ready for a lace swap for them! lol
7869C555-EF6D-4380-B15C-40E507FD7A2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Other than EB, what other US shops are releasing them online? :nerd:

Ready for a lace swap for them! lol
7869C555-EF6D-4380-B15C-40E507FD7A2A.jpeg

Really wanted the grey pair but its not looking like they'll be attainable at retail. Havent seen any other shops dropping them other than extrabutter and we know their in-store fcfs will be a joke with stock going all to resellers.

Really wanted the grey pair but its not looking like they'll be attainable at retail. Havent seen any other shops dropping them other than extrabutter and we know their in-store fcfs will be a joke with stock going all to resellers.
I didn't have much hope on the US releases either but I saw that CA had a shop that had them (Uncle Otis) and after shipping they were about $195. Just keep an eye open.

Hopefully, with the US launch of the Protection 2002R Pack this week, prices on the 3rd market will drop and be more reasonable. If I strike out, I think ~$250 would be my price to pull the trigger.

Well, the 992 I got from NB is defective. I’m so used to trying on one shoe for sizing purposes that it never occurred to me to try both, just in case. Well a 15 minute walk later I discover that the left shoe has a defect near the ball of my toe. It’s uneven under the insole. Anyone have experience dealing with them for a defective shoe? I have 20 NB pairs and have never had this happen before (including outlet/Marshall's purchases).
I just experienced this with my last 992 purchase. I got the wrong size (first time buying 992s) but when I got them there was a little piece of the sole poking up around the ball of my left foot also, area right behind the big toe. Luckily I returned them and got my true size but even the new ones have some imperfections with the soles that I can feel through the bottom of the shoe. I've always wanting a pair of 992s but I think I might return these also.

This is common and normal on the 992's. I have a range of pairs and it's due to the abzorb unit that runs across the forefoot right where your toes start. The seam is not imperceptible but I find that it goes away after wearing my pairs a handful of times.

This is common and normal on the 992's. I have a range of pairs and it's due to the abzorb unit that runs across the forefoot right where your toes start. The seam is not imperceptible but I find that it goes away after wearing my pairs a handful of times.

NB said I can return the used pair, but I really like it. So torn. I’ll try another walk, but don’t have high hopes.

Edit - It is getting better. I just ordered my third pair. The heel cushioning is really good - might try a c clamp to squish the bump down quicker. I miss the days where high end NBs got dumped at Marshall’s all the time…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom